Self-protection and insurance with interdependencies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100299
Insurance; Self-protection; Interdependencies; Externality;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kunreuther, Howard & Muermann, Alexander, 2007. "Self-protection and insurance with interdependencies," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ian Ayres & Steven D. Levitt, 1998.
"Measuring Positive Externalities From Unobservable Victim Precaution: An Empirical Analysis Of Lojack,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(1), pages 43-77, February.
- Ian Ayres & Steven D. Levitt, 1997. "Measuring Positive Externalities from Unobservable Victim Precaution: An Empirical Analysis of Lojack," NBER Working Papers 5928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Muermann & Howard Kunreuther, 2007. "Self-Protection and Insurance with Interdependencies," NBER Working Papers 12827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shavell, Steven, 1991. "Individual precautions to prevent theft: Private versus socially optimal behavior," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 123-132, September.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Heal, Geoffrey, 2003. " Interdependent Security," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 231-49, March-May.
- Michael Hoy & Mattias Polborn, 2014. "The Value of Technology Improvements in Games with Externalities: A Fresh Look at Offsetting Behavior," CESifo Working Paper Series 4798, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lohse, Tim & Robledo, Julio R., 2012.
"Public self-insurance and the Samaritan's dilemma in a federation,"
Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism"
SP II 2012-103, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Tim Lohse & Julio R. Robledo, 2013. "Public Self-Insurance and the Samaritanâ€™s Dilemma in a Federation," Public Finance Review, , vol. 41(1), pages 92-120, January.
- Tim Lohse & Julio R. Robledo, 2012. "Public Self-Insurance and the Samaritan‘s Dilemma in a Federation," Ruhr Economic Papers 0330, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Robledo, Julio R. & Lohse, Tim, 2007.
"Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods,"
Economics Working Papers
2007,16, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Tim Lohse & Julio R. Robledo & Ulrich Schmidt, 2012. "Self‐Insurance and Self‐Protection as Public Goods," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(1), pages 57-76, 03.
- Ulrich Schmidt, 2010. "Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods," Kiel Working Papers 1613, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Lohse, Tim & Julio R. Robledo & Ulrich Schmidt, 2006. "Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-354, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Courbage, Christophe & Rey, Béatrice & Treich, Nicolas, 2013.
"Prevention and precaution,"
TSE Working Papers
13-445, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Céline Grislain-Letrémy & Sabine Lemoyne de Forges, 2011. "Coordinating Flood Insurance and Collective Prevention Policies: A Fiscal Federalism Perspective," Working Papers 2011-07, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Wang, Chunhua, 2014. "Regulating land development in a natural disaster-prone area: The roles of building codes," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 209-228.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.