What Goes Up Must Come Down? Asymmetries and Persistence in Bank Deposit Rates
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Banks; interest rates; bank deposits.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Garth Saloner, 1986.
"The Relative Rigidity of Monopoly Pricing,"
NBER Working Papers
1943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. O'Brien, 2000. "Estimating the value and interest rate risk of interest-bearing transactions deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven A. Sharpe, 1988. "Post-deregulation deposit rate pricing: the multivariate dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christopher Green, 1998. "Banks as Interest Rate Managers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 189-208, December.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1992. "Consumer switching costs, market structure and prices: the theory and its application in the bank deposit market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 183, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989.
"Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992. "Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- Hutchison, David E, 1995. "Retail Bank Deposit Pricing: An Intertemporal Asset Pricing Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 217-31, February.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Johann Burgstaller, 2005. "Interest rate pass-through estimates from vector autoregressive models," Economics working papers 2005-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Richard Sheehan, 2013. "Valuing Core Deposits," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 197-220, April.
- Örs, Evren & Rice, Tara, 2007. "Bank Imputed Interest Rates: Unbiased Estimates of Offered Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zulkhibri, Muhamed, 2012. "Policy rate pass-through and the adjustment of retail interest rates: Empirical evidence from Malaysian financial institutions," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 409-422.
- Raquel Lago-González & Vicente Salas-Fumás, 2005. "Market power and bank interest rate adjustments," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0539, Banco de Espa�a.
- Evren Örs & Tara Rice, 2006. "Bank imputed interest rates: unbiased estimates of offered rates?," Working Paper Series WP-06-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2005.
"How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
542, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Paraschiv, Florentina, 2012. "Adjustment Policy of Deposit Rates in the Case of Swiss non-Maturing Savings Accounts," Working Papers on Finance 1219, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999.
"Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996. "Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence," Working Paper 9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- De Graeve, Ferre & De Jonghe, Olivier & Vennet, Rudi Vander, 2007.
"Competition, transmission and bank pricing policies: Evidence from Belgian loan and deposit markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 259-278, January.
- F. De Graeve & O. De Jonghe & R. Vander Vennet, 2004. "Competition, transmission and bank pricing policies: Evidence from Belgian loan and deposit markets," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/261, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Barry Scholnick, 1999. "Interest Rate Asymmetries in Long-Term Loan and Deposit Markets," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-26, September.
- John Ashton & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome V. Healy, 2013. "The relative influence of price and choice factors on retail deposit quantities," Working Papers 13006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.