What Goes Up Must Come Down? Asymmetries and Persistence in Bank Deposit Rates
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Banks; interest rates; bank deposits.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1992. "Consumer switching costs, market structure and prices: the theory and its application in the bank deposit market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 183, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Julio Rotemberg & Garth Saloner, 1986.
"The Relative Rigidity of Monopoly Pricing,"
414, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- James M. O'Brien, 2000. "Estimating the value and interest rate risk of interest-bearing transactions deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Christopher Green, 1998. "Banks as Interest Rate Managers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 189-208, December.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989.
"Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992. "Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven A. Sharpe, 1988. "Post-deregulation deposit rate pricing: the multivariate dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hutchison, David E, 1995. "Retail Bank Deposit Pricing: An Intertemporal Asset Pricing Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 217-31, February.
- Raquel Lago-González & Vicente Salas-Fumás, 2005. "Market power and bank interest rate adjustments," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0539, Banco de Espa�a.
- John Ashton & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome V. Healy, 2013. "The relative influence of price and choice factors on retail deposit quantities," Working Papers 13006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996.
"Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence,"
9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999. "Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- F. De Graeve & O. De Jonghe & R. Vander Vennet, 2004.
"Competition, transmission and bank pricing policies: Evidence from Belgian loan and deposit markets,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
04/261, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- De Graeve, Ferre & De Jonghe, Olivier & Vennet, Rudi Vander, 2007. "Competition, transmission and bank pricing policies: Evidence from Belgian loan and deposit markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 259-278, January.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2005.
"How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
542, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Evren Örs & Tara Rice, 2006. "Bank imputed interest rates: unbiased estimates of offered rates?," Working Paper Series WP-06-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Örs, Evren & Rice, Tara, 2007. "Bank Imputed Interest Rates: Unbiased Estimates of Offered Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paraschiv, Florentina, 2012. "Adjustment Policy of Deposit Rates in the Case of Swiss non-Maturing Savings Accounts," Working Papers on Finance 1219, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Barry Scholnick, 1999. "Interest Rate Asymmetries in Long-Term Loan and Deposit Markets," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-26, September.
- Johann Burgstaller, 2005. "Interest rate pass-through estimates from vector autoregressive models," Economics working papers 2005-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Zulkhibri, Muhamed, 2012. "Policy rate pass-through and the adjustment of retail interest rates: Empirical evidence from Malaysian financial institutions," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 409-422.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.