Regulatory Distortions in a Competitive Financial Services Industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 16 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
banking; competition; regulation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franks, Julian R. & Schaefer, Stephen M. & Staunton, Michael D., 1997. "The direct and compliance costs of financial regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1547-1572, December.
- Edward J. Kane, 1984.
"Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition,"
NBER Working Papers
1320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J, 1984. " Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 759-72, July.
- Bhattacharya, S. & Boot, A.W.A. & Thakor, A.V., 1995.
"The Economics of Bank Regulation,"
9516, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1989. "Regulation and Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262192756, December.
- Giammarino, R.M. & Sappington, D.E.M., 1990.
"An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation,"
367, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Fatma Cebenoyan & A. Sinan Cebenoyan & Elizabeth S. Cooperman, 2003. "Regulatory Regimes and Takeovers of U.S. Thrifts," Hunter College Department of Economics Working Papers 303, Hunter College: Department of Economics.
- Bertrand Rime, 2003. "The New Basel Accord: Implications of the Co-existence between the Standardized Approach and the Internal Ratings-based Approach," Working Papers 03.05, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Schüler, Martin, 2003. "Incentive Problems in Banking Supervision: The European Case," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-62, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Peter J.G. Vlaar, 2000. "Capital requirements and competition in banking industry," Working Paper Series WP-00-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- P.J.G. Vlaar, 2000. "Capital requirements and competition in the banking industry," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 634, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bertrand Rime, 2001. "An Alternative View on Regulatory Distortions in a Competitive Financial Services Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 27-38, February.
- Peter J.G. Vlaar, 2003. "On the Influence of capital Requirements on Competition and Risk taking in Banking," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 102, Netherlands Central Bank.
- A.W.A. Boot & S. Dezelan & T.T. Milbourn, 2000. "Regulation and the Evolution of the Financial Services Industry," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 50, Netherlands Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.