A Deferential Role for Efficiency Theory in Analysing Causation-Based Tort Law
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
Tort; causation; efficiency;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miceli, Thomas J., 1996. "Cause in fact, proximate cause, and the hand rule: Extending Grady's positive economic theory of negligence," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 473-482, December.
- Shavell, Steven, 1985.
"Uncertainty over Causation and the Determination of Civil Liability,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 587-609, October.
- Steven Shavell, 1983. "Uncertainty Over Causation and the Determination of Civil Liability," NBER Working Papers 1219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Burrows, 1997. "A Deferential Role for Efficiency Analysis in Unravelling the Takings Tangle," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 24, pages 105-123.
- Burrows, Paul, 1986. "Nonconvexity induced by external costs on production: Theoretical curio or policy dilemma?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-128, June.
- Ram Singh, 2006.
"On the Existence and Efficiency of Equilibria Under Liability Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
12625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ram Singh, 2008. "On The Existence and Efficiency of Equilibria Under Liability Rules," Working Papers id:1716, eSocialSciences.
- Ram Singh, 2006. "On the Existence and Efficiency of Equilibria under Liability Rules," Working papers 150, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Parisi Francesco & Singh Ram, 2010.
"The Efficiency of Comparative Causation,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 219-245, September.
- Qi Zhou, 2009. "Economic analysis of the legal standard for deceit in English tort law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 83-102, August.
- Andrew Torre & Adrian Clifford, 2005. "Is the Treatment of Economic Loss by the Australian Courts in Torts Cases Anomalous?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 145-164, September.
- Ram Singh, 2005. "Comparative Causation -- A Re-examination," Working papers 139, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.