Hybrid Classifiers for Financial Multicriteria Decision Making: The Case of Bankruptcy Prediction
AbstractThis paper compares the accuracy of parametric and nonparametric classifiers on the problem of predicting Bankruptcy. Among the single classifiers an artificial neural network is found to provide the best results. Two ways of combining classifiers are considered and an additive aggregation method is proposed. We show that both ways of combining produce classifiers whose forecasts are more accurate than the ones obtained with any single model. We suggest that an optimal system for risk rating should combine two or more different techniques. Citation Copyright 1997 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian A Johnson & Rodrigo Vergara, 2005.
"The Implementation of Monetary Policy in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Chile,"
Documentos de Trabajo
291, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Christian A. Johnson & Rodrigo Vergara, 2005. "The implementation of monetary policy in an emerging economy: the case of Chile," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 20(1), pages 45-62, June.
- Halil Erdal & Aykut Ekinci, 2013. "A Comparison of Various Artificial Intelligence Methods in the Prediction of Bank Failures," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 199-215, August.
- Tatom, John, 2011. "Predicting failure in the commercial banking industry," MPRA Paper 34608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian A. Johnson, 2005. "Modelos de alerta temprana para pronosticar crisis bancarias: desde la extracción de señales a las redes neuronales," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 20(1), pages 95-121, June.
- Greta Falavigna, 2011. "An artificial neural network approach for assigning rating judgements to Italian Small Firms," CERIS Working Paper 201104, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.