Trade liberalization and productivity growth in Australian manufacturing industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Kalirajan, K P & Obwona, M B, 1994. "Frontier Production Function: The Stochastic Coefficients Approach," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(1), pages 87-96, February.
- Havrylyshyn, Oli, 1990. "Trade Policy and Productivity Gains in Developing Countries: A Survey of the Literature," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Steve Dowrick, 1994. "Openness and Growth," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Philip Lowe & Jacqueline Dwyer (ed.), International Intergration of the Australian Economy Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Jayanthakumaran, K., 1999. "Trade Reforms and Manufacturing Performance: Australia 1989-97," Economics Working Papers WP99-13, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Chand, Satish, 1999. "Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth: Time-Series Evidence from Australian Manufacturing," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(228), pages 28-36, March.
- Edward Oczkowski & Kishor Sharma, 2001. "Imperfect Competition, Returns To Scale and Productivity Growth In Australian Manufacturing: A Smooth Transition Approach To Trade Liberalisation," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 99-113, June.
- Tybout, James R., 1992. "Making noisy data sing : Estimating production technologies in developing countries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 25-44.
- Ann Harrison, 1995.
"Openness and Growth: A Time-Series, Cross-Country Analysis for Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
5221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann, 1996. "Openness and growth: A time-series, cross-country analysis for developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 419-447, March.
- Harrison, Ann, 1991. "Openness and growth : a time series, cross-country analysis for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 809, The World Bank.
- M. Renuka & K. P. Kalirajan, 1999. "On measuring total factor productivity growth in Singapore's manufacturing industries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(5), pages 295-298.
- Griffiths, William E., 1971. "Estimation Of Actual Response Coefficients In The Hildreth-Houck Random Coefficient Model," Staff Papers 14275, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Skeptic's Guide to Cross-National Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Freedman, Craig & Stonecash, Robin, 1997. "A Survey of Manufacturing Industry Policy: From the Tariff Board to the Productivity Commission," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 73(221), pages 169-83, June.
- Page, John Jr., 1984. "Firm size and technical efficiency : Applications of production frontiers to Indian survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 129-152.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-44, June.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2005. "Which Industries Create More Employment? A Cross-Country Analysis," Economics Working Papers wp05-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, Elias & Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu, 2006. "The Consequences of Trade Liberalisation on the Australian Passenger Motor Vehicle Industry," Economics Working Papers wp06-01, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu, 2004. "An Empirical Assessment of the Impact of Intra-Industry Trade on Employment: Australia 1989/90-2000/01," Economics Working Papers wp04-11, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007.
"Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c012_026, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2011. "Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 1-22, 01.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu & Neri, Frank, 2004. "Trade Reforms and Changes in Australian Manufactured Exports," Economics Working Papers wp04-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.