On measuring total factor productivity growth in Singapore's manufacturing industries
AbstractThis paper concerns the recently published article on Singapore's manufacturing industries' total factor productivity growth (TFPG) by Leung (Applied Economics Letters, 4, 1997). While agreeing with his overall results, the issues discussed in this paper are about the limitations in the method of his analysis and explanation. The stochastic production frontier approach is also suggested as an alternative method to study TFPG.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 6 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G. K. Randolph Tan, 2006. "Efficiency estimates for Singapore manufacturing: new evidence from the Malmquist Index," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 715-721.
- Renuka Mahadevan, 2002. "Trade liberalization and productivity growth in Australian manufacturing industries," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(2), pages 170-185, June.
- Mahadevan, R., 2001. "Assessing the output and productivity growth of Malaysia's manufacturing sector," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 587-597.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2005. "The productivity-inflation nexus: the case of the Australian mining sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 209-224, January.
- Heru Margono & Subhash Sharma & Kevin Sylwester & Usama Al-Qalawi, 2009. "Technical efficiency and productivity analysis in Indonesian provincial economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 663-672.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.