Measuring Business Real Property Performance
AbstractA cross-case comparison of eleven firms was undertaken to learn how real estate property performance is measured and monitored for managerial feedback to make real estate decisions that will cause property performance to support overall corporate strategic goals. Firms with tight links between real estate operations and corporate strategy usually have a facility committee of operating, finance, and real estate managers measuring and monitoring performance, using different measures for different types of buildings and uses. Property performance is more regularly monitored by firms leasing property than by those owning property.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 9 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wei Kium Teoh, 1993. "Corporate Real Estate Management: The New Zealand Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 607-624.
- Edward A. Noha, 1993. "Benchmarking: The Search for Best Practices in Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 511-524.
- Stellan Lundstrom, 1993. "Realizing the Strategic Dimensions of Corporate Real Property Through Improved Planning and Control Systems," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 495-510.
- Michael J. Seiler & Arjun Chatrath & James R. Webb, 2001. "Real Asset Ownership and the Risk and Return to Stockholders," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 199-212.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 2001. "Lessons from the Past and Future Directions for Corporate Real Estate Research," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 7-58.
- Anna-Liisa Lindholm & Karen M. Gibler & Kari I. Levainen, 2006. "Modelling the Value Adding Attributes of Real Estate to the Wealth Maximization of the Firm," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 445-476.
- Du, Julan & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chu, Derek, 2013. "Return enhancing, cash-rich or simply empire-building? An empirical investigation of corporate real estate holdings," MPRA Paper 44253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Danny Ben-Shahar & Yoram Margalioth & Eyal Sulganik, 2009. "The Straight-Line Depreciation is Wanted, Dead or Alive," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(3), pages 351-370.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.