Linking Real Estate Decisions to Corporate Strategy
AbstractAn organization's real estate decisions will be effective if such decisions support the enterprise's overall business objectives. This result can be achieved only by the explicit consideration of how real estate strategy supports corporate strategy and the substrategies for component elements of the corporation, and then in turn how specific real estate operating decisions support the real estate strategy. This approach provides a context for negotiating competing interests and increases the likelihood that a specific real estate decision will be consistent with the enterprise's overall real estate strategy and thereby support realization of corporate business objectives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chan, Su Han & Gau, George W. & Wang, Ko, 1995. "Stock Market Reaction to Capital Investment Decisions: Evidence from Business Relocations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 81-100, March.
- Kiwoong Cheong & Chi Soo Kim, 1997. "Corporate Real Estate Holdings and the Value of the Firm in Korea," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(3), pages 273-296.
- Stephen E. Roulac, 1996. "The Strategic Real Estate Framework: Processes, Linkages, Decisions," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(3), pages 323-346.
- Stephen E. Roulac, 1999. "Real Estate Value Chain Connections: Tangible and Transparent," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 387-404.
- Anna-Liisa Lindholm & Karen M. Gibler & Kari I. Levainen, 2006. "Modelling the Value Adding Attributes of Real Estate to the Wealth Maximization of the Firm," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 445-476.
- Du, Julan & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chu, Derek, 2013. "Return enhancing, cash-rich or simply empire-building? An empirical investigation of corporate real estate holdings," MPRA Paper 44253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen E. Roulac, 1995. "Strategic Decision Models: Multiple Perceptions, Unifying Structure," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(5), pages 495-508.
- Virginia A Gibson & Richard Barkham, 2001. "Corporate Real Estate Management in the Retail Sector: Investigation of Current Strategy and Structure," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 107-128.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 2001. "Lessons from the Past and Future Directions for Corporate Real Estate Research," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 7-58.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 1999. "Corporate Real Estate Research within the Academy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 265-280.
- Virginia A. Gibson & Colin M. Lizieri, 2001. "Friction and Inertia: Business Change, Corporate Real Estate Portfolios and the U.K. Office Market," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 59-80.
- Stephen E. Roulac, 2001. "Corporate Property Strategy is Integral to Corporate Business Strategy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 129-152.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.