Benchmarking: The Search for Best Practices in Corporate Real Estate
AbstractWorking with over sixty leading U.S. companies since 1987, LaSalle Partners, an international real estate services and investment firm, has conducted a series of nine benchmarking studies in a variety of industries. The studies have examined the real estate practices of participants and identified best practices leading to superior performance of corporate real estate portfolios. This paper summarizes the results and findings of those studies, identifies general and specific benefits of the benchmarking process, and describes key factors for completing successful benchmarking initiatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 2001. "Lessons from the Past and Future Directions for Corporate Real Estate Research," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 7-58.
- Hugh O. Nourse, 1994. "Measuring Business Real Property Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 9(4), pages 431-444.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 1999. "Corporate Real Estate Research within the Academy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 265-280.
- Christopher A. Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 1996. "Structuring the Corporate Real Property Function for Greater "Bottom Line" Impact," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(3), pages 383-396.
- Christopher A. Manning & Mauricio Rodriguez & Stephen E. Roulac, 1997. "Which Corporate Real Estate Management Functions Should be Outsourced?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 259-274.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.