Strategic Orientation and Marketing Strategy: An Analysis of Residential Real Estate Brokerage Firms
AbstractThis article analyzes marketing strategy concepts as they apply to real estate brokerage firms and reports an empirical investigation of marketing strategies of firms in a local market. Firms followed one of three strategic orientations with respect to revenue generation, depending on the extent to which they emphasized obtaining listings versus making sales. The effectiveness of marketing mix strategy variables such as service level and advertising in achieving market share was also investigated. Analysis indicated that the effectiveness of these strategy variables varied, depending on the strategic orientation adopted by the firm.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 2 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Donald Jud & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2000. "Real Estate Brokerage and the Hosting Market: An Annotated Bibliography," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 217-278.
- John Benjamin & Peter Chinloy & Daniel Winkler, 2007. "Sorting, Franchising and Real Estate Brokerage Firms," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 189-206, February.
- John D. Benjamin & Peter Chinloy & Donald Jud & Daniel T. Winkler, 2006. "Franchising in Residential Brokerage," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(1), pages 61-70.
- John D. Benjamin & Peter Chinloy & Donald Jud & Daniel T. Winkler, 2005. "Technology and Real Estate Brokerage Firm Financial Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 27(4), pages 409-426.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Donald Jud & G. Stacy Sirmans, 2000. "What Do We Know About Real Estate Brokerage?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 5-30.
- Sirmans, C. F. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1997. "Brokerage Pricing under Competition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 102-117, January.
- Elizabeth Hemphill, 2007. "Factors Affecting Real Estate Broker Selection: What Really Counts?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.