Institutional-Grade Properties: Performance and Ownership
AbstractQuality commercial properties differ in operating performance not only on physical characteristics but in type of ownership, management, and control. For 1996?001 data on Atlanta apartments, a primary market for multiple types of investors, there is varying operating performance by ownership. Larger-scale owners and local property managers earn higher effective rents.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Val E. Lambson & Grant R. McQueen & Barrett A. Slade, 2004. "Do Out-of-State Buyers Pay More for Real Estate? An Examination of Anchoring-Induced Bias and Search Costs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 85-126, 03.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Stacy Sirmans & Emily Norman Zietz, 1997. "Security Measures and the Apartment Market," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 347-358.
- John P. Harding & Stuart S. Rosenthal & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Power in the Market for Existing Homes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 178-188, February.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Shilling, James D, 2000.
"Institutional Investors Tilt Their Real Estate Holdings toward Quality, Too,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 113-40, September.
- James D. Shilling & Stephen Malpezzi, 1996. "Institutional Investors Tilt Their Real Estate Holdings Toward Quality, Too," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 96-12, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Peter Chinloy & Eric Maribojoc, 1998. "Expense and Rent Strategies in Real Estate Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 267-282.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2003.
"The Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trade of Money Managers,"
NBER Working Papers
9711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2005. "Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2801-2824, December.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2003. "Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2006, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Graff, Richard A & Young, Michael S, 1996. "Real Estate Return Correlations: Real-World Limitations on Relationships Inferred from NCREIF Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 121-42, September.
- Jeffrey Fisher & Dean Gatzlaff & David Geltner & Donald Haurin, 2003. "Controlling for the Impact of Variable Liquidity in Commercial Real Estate Price Indices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 269-303, 06.
- William G. Hardin, III & Marvin L. Wolverton, 1999. "Equity REIT Property Acquisitions: Do Apartment REITs Pay a Premium?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(1), pages 113-126.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.