Some Market Access Issues for Developing Countries in a Millennium Round: Results from Recent World Bank Research
AbstractA key market access issue for developing countries will be the inclusion of industrial products. Developing countries now depend on manufactures for an average of three quarters of their export revenues—the world is very different from that represented by
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 109 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- P19 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krueger, Anne O., 1999. "Developing countries and the next round of multilateral trade negotiations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2118, The World Bank.
- Markusen, James & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David, 2000.
"Foreign direct investment in services and the domestic market for expertise,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2413, The World Bank.
- James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford & David Tarr, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investments in Services and the Domestic Market for Expertise," NBER Working Papers 7700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rupa Chanda, 2001. "Movement of Natural Persons and the GATS," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 631-654, 05.
- Francois, Joseph F & Wooton, Ian, 2001.
"Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 249-61, May.
- Francois, Joseph & Wooton, Ian, 2000. "Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2377, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Francois & Ian Wooton, 2000. "Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-057/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Djankov, Simeon, 1997.
"Effective protection and investment incentives in Egypt and Jordan during the transition to free trade With Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 281-291, February.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1996. "Effective Protection and Investment Incentives in Egypt and Jordan During the Transition to Free Trade with Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michalopoulos, Constantine, 1999. "Developing country goals and strategies for the Millennium Round," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2147, The World Bank.
- Joseph F. Francois & Will Martin, 1998. "Commercial Policy Uncertainty, the Expected Cost of Protection, and Market Access," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-059/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Anderson, Kym & Hoekman, Bernard & Strutt, Anna, 2001. "Agriculture and the WTO: Next Steps," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 192-214, May.
- Anne Krueger, 1999. "The Developing Countries and the Next Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(7), pages 909-932, 09.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal, 1999. "Multilateral disciplines for investment-related policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2138, The World Bank.
- J. Michael Finger & Philip Schuler, 2000. "Implementation of Urugauy Round Commitments: The Development Challenge," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(04), pages 511-525, 04.
- Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito, 2003.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Services Trade: The Case of Japan,"
in: Trade in Services in the Asia Pacific Region, NBER East Asia Seminar on Economics (EASE), Volume 11, pages 429-480
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Ito, Keiko, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and Service Trade: The Case of Japan," Discussion Paper Series a394, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.