Term Structure Modeling with Supply Factors and the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchase Progarms
AbstractThis paper estimates an arbitrage-free term structure model with both observable yield factors and Treasury and agency MBS supply factors, and uses it to evaluate the term premium effects of the Federal Reserve’s large-scale asset purchase programs. Our estimates show that the first and second large-scale asset purchase programs and the maturity extension program jointly reduced the ten-year Treasury yield by about 100 basis points.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Journal of Central Banking in its journal International Journal of Central Banking.
Volume (Year): 9 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ang, Andrew & Piazzesi, Monika, 2003.
"A no-arbitrage vector autoregression of term structure dynamics with macroeconomic and latent variables,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 745-787, May.
- Andrew Ang & Monika Piazzesi, 2001. "A No-Arbitrage Vector Autoregression of Term Structure Dynamics with Macroeconomic and Latent Variables," NBER Working Papers 8363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric T. Swanson, 2011.
"Let's Twist Again: A High-Frequency Event-Study Analysis of Operation Twist and Its Implications for QE2,"
2011 Meeting Papers
982, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eric T. Swanson, 2011. "Let's Twist Again: A High-Frequency Event-study Analysis of Operation Twist and Its Implications for QE2," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 42(1 (Spring), pages 151-207.
- Eric T. Swanson, 2011. "Let’s twist again: a high-frequency event-study analysis of operation twist and its implications for QE2," Working Paper Series 2011-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jack Meaning & Feng Zhu, 2011. "The impact of recent central bank asset purchase programmes," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Michael D. Bauer & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2011. "The signaling channel for Federal Reserve bond purchases," Working Paper Series 2011-21, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hess Chung & Jean‐Philippe Laforte & David Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2012.
"Have We Underestimated the Likelihood and Severity of Zero Lower Bound Events?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 47-82, 02.
- Hess Chung & Jean-Philippe Laforte & David Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2011. "Have we underestimated the likelihood and severity of zero lower bound events?," Working Paper Series 2011-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- John C. Williams, 2013. "A defense of moderation in monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2013-15, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2013.
"The Impact of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchase Programs on Corporate Credit Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
19337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2013. "The impact of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchase programs on corporate credit risk," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Meixing Dai & Frédéric Dufourt & Qiao Zhang, 2013.
"Large Scale Asset Purchases with Segmented Mortgage and Corporate Loan Markets,"
- Meixing Dai & Frédéric Dufourt & Qiao Zhang, 2013. "Large Scale Asset Purchases with Segmented Mortgage and Corporate Loan Markets," AMSE Working Papers 1336, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Jun 2013.
- Meixing Dai & Frédéric Dufourt & Qiao Zhang, 2013. "Large Scale Asset Purchases with segmented mortgage and corporate loan markets," Working Papers of BETA 2013-20, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2013. "The ins and outs of LSAPs," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.