Measuring Scale Efficiency Change Using a Translog Distance Function
AbstractWe derive a measure of scale efficiency change in the case of a translog output-oriented, multi-input, multi-output distance function without imposing restrictions in previous analogous works by Ray (1998, 1999) and Balk (2001). This may be particularly useful in productivity analysis based on the Malmquist productivity index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
most productive scale size (MPSS); scale efficiency change; translog function;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Yu, Bingxin & Liao, Xiyuan & Shen, Hongfang, 2013. "Parametric decomposition of the malmquist index in an output-oriented distance function: Productivity in Chinese agriculture," IFPRI discussion papers 1244, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jui-Fen Lin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.