Revisiting Perverse Effects on Exchange Rate Pass-Through
AbstractThe effects of a change in the exchange rate on product prices are investigated using a static international duopoly model without product differentiation. A general condition is derived for perverse exchange rate pass-through assuming decreasing marginal costs for firms in two trading countries. The result is clarified on the basis of a new diagram for determining equilibrium supplies in the two countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
exchange rate pass-through; international duopoly; decreasing marginal cost;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominique M. Gross & Nicolas Schmitt, 1999.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through and Dynamic Oligopoly - An Empirical Investigation,"
IMF Working Papers
99/47, International Monetary Fund.
- Gross, Dominique M. & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2000. "Exchange rate pass-through and dynamic oligopoly: an empirical investigation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 89-112, October.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter, 1993.
"Market Share and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in World Automobile Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
4399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M., 1996. "Market share and exchange rate pass-through in world automobile trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 187-207, February.
- Feenstra, R.C. & Gagnon, J.E. & Knetter, M.M., 1993. "Market Share and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in World Automobile Trade," Papers 93-14, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter., 1993. "Market share and exchange rate pass-through in world automobile trade," International Finance Discussion Papers 446, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tivig, Thusnelda, 1996. "Exchange rate pass-through in two-period duopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 631-645, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jui-Fen Lin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.