The twenty-fifth anniversary of the Community Reinvestment Act: past accomplishments and future regulatory challenges
AbstractThis paper was presented at the conference "Policies to Promote Affordable Housing," cosponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and New York University's Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy, February 7, 2002. It was part of Session 4: Housing Subsidies and Finance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Economic Policy Review.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): Jun ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert B. Avery & Raphael W. Bostic & Paul S. Calem & Glenn B. Canner, 1997. "Changes in the distribution of banking offices," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Sep, pages 707-725.
- Robert B. Avery & Raphael W. Bostic & Glenn B. Canner, 2000. "The performance and profitability of CRA-related lending," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Nov.
- White, Lawrence J., 2009.
"The Community Reinvestment Act: Good Goals, Flawed Concept,"
- Lawrence J. White, 2009. "The Community Reinvestment Act: Good Goals, Flawed Concept," Working Papers 09-02, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2006.
"The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?,"
Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
2006_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2006. "The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 107, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Jonathan Spader & Roberto Quercia, 2012. "CRA Lending in a Changing Context: Evidence of Interaction with FHA and Subprime Originations," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 505-525, May.
- Liz Laderman, 2004. "Has the CRA increased lending for low-income home purchases?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun25.
- John Gilderbloom & Katrina Anaker & Gregory Squires & Matt Hanka & Joshua Ambrosius, 2011. "Why Foreclosure Rates in African American Neighborhoods are so High: Looking at the Real Reaonss," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1597, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.