The determinants of success in the new financial services environment: now that firms can do everything, what should they do and why should regulators care?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Economic Policy Review.
Volume (Year): (2000)
Issue (Month): Oct ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1994. "Universal Banking in the United States: What Could We Gain? What Could We Lose?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195080698, October.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 3-20.
- Walter, Ingo, 1997. "Universal banking: A shareholder value perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 344-360, August.
- Allen, Franklin & Santomero, Anthony M., 1997.
"The theory of financial intermediation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1461-1485, December.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J, 1999.
"Deposits and Relationship Lending,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(3), pages 579-607.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1998.
"Bank Capitalization And Cost: Evidence Of Scale Economies In Risk Management And Signaling,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Joseph P. Hughes, 1997. "Bank Capitalization and Cost: Evidence of Scale Economies in Risk Management and Signaling," Departmental Working Papers 199601, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Bank capitalization and cost: evidence of scale economies in risk management and signaling," Working Papers 96-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ingo Walter, 1997. "Universal Banking: A Shareholder Value Perspective," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-40, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 1998. "Bank efficiency and financial system evolution: an analysis of complementary problems in transitional and state-dominated economies," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 271-284, September.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-76, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilsson, Carl-Henric, 1997. "Strategic alliances, trick or treat? the case of Scania," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 147-160, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1990.
"Some evidence on the empirical significance of credit rationing,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
105, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1992. "Some Evidence on the Empirical Significance of Credit Rationing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1047-77, October.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1998.
"The Dollars and Sense of Bank Consolidation,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
99-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Smith, Keith V & Schreiner, John C, 1969. "A Portfolio Analysis of Conglomerate Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(3), pages 413-27, June.
- Dean F. Amel & Stephen A. Rhoades, 1989. "Empirical Evidence on the Motives for Bank Mergers," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 17-27, Jan-Mar.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Kareken, John H & Wallace, Neil, 1978. "Deposit Insurance and Bank Regulation: A Partial-Equilibrium Exposition," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 413-38, July.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hancock, Diana & Humphrey, David B., 1993. "Bank efficiency derived from the profit function," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 317-347, April.
- Stulz, René M., 1984. "Optimal Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 127-140, June.
- Kane, Edward J., 1999. "Implications of superhero metaphors for the issue of banking powers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 663-673, February.
- Black, Fischer, 1975. "Bank funds management in an efficient market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 323-339, December.
- Gennotte, Gerard & Pyle, David, 1991. "Capital controls and bank risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 805-824, September.
- Francis X. Diebold & Anthony M. Santomero, 1999. "Financial Risk Management in a Volatile Global Environment," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Wolken, John D. & Rose, John T., 1991. "Dominant banks, market power, and out-of-market productive capacity," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 215-229, August.
- Andrew Kuritzkes & Til Schuermann & Scott M. Weiner, 2002. "Risk Measurement, Risk Management and Capital Adequacy in Financial Conglomerates," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-02, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.