Okun's law revisited: should we worry about low unemployment?
AbstractA review of the connection between labor resource utilization and the growth/unemployment correlation summarized by Okun's law, showing that the instability of that relationship, particularly over short time horizons, has important implications for monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Economic Commentary.
Volume (Year): (1997)
Issue (Month): May ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jörg Döpke, 2001. "The "Employment Intensity" of Growth in Europe," Kiel Working Papers 1021, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Kwami Adanu, 2005. "A cross-province comparison of Okun's coefficient for Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 561-570.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marinko Škare, 2011.
"Employment Growth, Inflation and Output Growth: Was Phillips Right? Evidence from a Dynamic Panel,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3502, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marinko Skare, 2011. "Employment Growth, Inflation and Output Growth: Was Phillips Right?: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1138, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2011.
"Okun's law revisited. Is there structural unemployment in developed countries?,"
- Kitov, Ivan, 2011. "Okun’s law revisited. Is there structural unemployment in developed countries?," MPRA Paper 32135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward S. Knotek & II, 2007. "How useful is Okun's law?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 73-103.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2009. "The PIGS, does the Group Exist? An empirical macroeconomic analysis based on the Okun Law," GEMF Working Papers 2009-11, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Eduardo Loría & Manuel G. Ramos., 2007. "La ley de Okun: una relectura para México, 1970-2004," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 22(1), pages 19-55.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "Uma Aplicação da Lei de Okun em Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2007-04, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- TURTUREAN, Ciprian Ionel, 2007.
"Legea lui Okun pentru România în perioada 1992-2004
[Okun's Law for Romania during 1992-2004]," MPRA Paper 10638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ian H.K. Leow, 2004. "A Simple Dynamic Model of Big-push," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 218, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.