A New Approach to Compare the Impact of Direct and Indirect Payments on Regional Macroeconomic Indices
AbstractSeveral procedures have been employed to examine the impacts of subsidies on different indices in an economy. This paper proposes a new approach enabling one to compare direct and indirect payments on households. To this end, the impact of government payments is examined on Gross Regional Products, Employment, Income Distribution and Inflation of Golestan Province in Iran through a Social Accounting Matrix for the year 1993-94. The advantage of this approach is its ability to compare the impact of direct payments and indirect one on the above indices in more detail. The results indicate that direct payments lead to inflation with more influence on comparison with indirect payments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economics faculty of Tehran university in its journal Iranian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (winter)
Social Accounting Matrix - Direct payments - indirect payments - Iran - Golestan Province;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:ucddub:urn:hdl:10197/183 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Walsh, 1999. "Labour Market Rents and Irish Industrial Policy," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 363-380.
- Siebe, Thomas, 1995. "Taxes and subsidies in a multisectoral econometric model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 193-204, April.
- Walsh, F., 1999. "Labour Market Rents and Irish Industrial Policy," Papers 99/5, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-73, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ([z.rahimalipour]).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.