Aid distribution and the MDGs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Maizels, Alfred & Nissanke, Machiko K., 1984. "Motivations for aid to developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 879-900, September.
- Burnside, Craig & Dollar, David, 1997.
"Aid, policies, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1777, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Quantifying Absolute Poverty in the Developing World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 345-61, December.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Aid and growth regressions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Elisabeth Croll, 2001. "Amartya Sen's 100 Million Missing Women," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 225-244.
- Berthelemy, Jean-Claude & Tichit, Ariane, 2002.
"Bilateral Donors' Aid Allocation Decisions: A Three-dimensional Panel Analysis,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Berthelemy, Jean-Claude & Tichit, Ariane, 2004. "Bilateral donors' aid allocation decisions--a three-dimensional panel analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 253-274.
- Clark, Don P, 1991. "Trade versus Aid: Distributions of Third World Development Assistance," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 829-37, July.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-52, September.
- Collier, Paul & Dollar, David, 2002.
"Aid allocation and poverty reduction,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1475-1500, September.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Miller, Margaret J. & Swanson, Eric V., 2002. "Goals for development : history, prospects and costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2819, The World Bank.
- Robert Lensink & Howard White, 2000. "Aid allocation, poverty reduction and the Assessing Aid report," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 399-412.
- Sumner, Andy, 2012. "Where Do The Poor Live?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 865-877.
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & YAMADA Hiroyuki & KUROSAKI Takashi, 2008. "Is Aid Allocation Consistent with Global Poverty Reduction?: A Cross-donor comparison (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 08065, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Katharina Stepping, 2012. "The determinants of selection and allocation decisions for health assistance. Which role do health indicators play?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201231, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Giorgio Gualberti & Morgan Bazilian & Erik Haites & Maria da Graça Carvalho, 2012. "Development Finance for Universal Energy Access," Working Papers 2012.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler, 2009.
"Aid Allocation through Various Official and Private Channels: Need, Merit and Self-Interest as Motives of German Donors,"
Kiel Working Papers
1536, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2011. "Aid Allocation through Various Official and Private Channels: Need, Merit, and Self-Interest as Motives of German Donors," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 308-323, March.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler, 2009. "Aid Allocation through Various Official and Private Channels: Need, Merit and Self-Interest as Motives of German Donors," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 16, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2010. "Aid Allocation through Various Official and Private Channels: Need, Merit and Self-Interest as Motives of German Donors," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 15, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Bain, Robert & Luyendijk, Rolf & Bartram, Jamie, 2013. "Universal access to drinking water: the role of aid," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & YAMADA Hiroyuki & KUROSAKI Takashi, 2008. "Is Aid Allocation Consistent with Global Poverty Reduction?: A Cross-Donor Comparison," Discussion papers 08025, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Vasudha Chhotray, 2006. "Contrasting visions for aid and governance in the 21st century: the White House Millennium Challenge Account and DFID`s Drivers of Change," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-062, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chhotray, Vasudha & Hulme, David, 2009. "Contrasting Visions for Aid and Governance in the 21st Century: The White House Millennium Challenge Account and DFID's Drivers of Change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 36-49, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.