Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Albert & Ren, Changqing, 2001. "Microfinance with Chinese Characteristics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 39-62, January.
- Khandker, S.R. & Khalily, B. & Khan, Z., 1995. "Grameen Bank: Performance and Sustainability," World Bank - Discussion Papers 306, World Bank.
- Chandavarkar, Anand, 1992. "Of finance and development: Neglected and unsettled questions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 133-142, January.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-50, September.
- Bell, Clive, 1990. "Interactions between Institutional and Informal Credit Agencies in Rural India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 297-327, September.
- Morduch, J., 1998.
"The Microfinance Schism,"
626, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Rozelle, Scott & Park, Albert & Benziger, Vincent & Changqing Ren, 1998. "Targeted poverty investments and economic growth in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2137-2151, December.
- Ranjula Bali Swain, 2002. "Credit Rationing In Rural India," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 1-20, December.
- Park, Albert & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John, 2003. "Competition under credit rationing: theory and evidence from rural China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 463-495, August.
- Kati Schindler, 2007.
"Credit for What?: Informal Credit as a Coping Strategy of Market Women in Northern Ghana,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
715, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kati Schindler, 2010. "Credit for What? Informal Credit as a Coping Strategy of Market Women in Northern Ghana," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 234-253.
- Schindler, Kati, 2006. "Credit for what? Informal credit as a coping strategy of market women in northern Ghana," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 24, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Morvant-Roux, Solène & Guérin, Isabelle & Roesch, Marc & Moisseron, Jean-Yves, 2014. "Adding Value to Randomization with Qualitative Analysis: The Case of Microcredit in Rural Morocco," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 302-312.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Kong, Rong, 2010. "Informal lending amongst friends and relatives: Can microcredit compete in rural China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 544-556, December.
- Mukherjee, Anit & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2007. "Rural Industrialization in China and India: Role of Policies and Institutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1621-1634, October.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Lu, L. & Yang, R., 2013. "Finance and Growth for Microenterprises: Evidence from Rural China," Discussion Paper 2013-053, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yan Yuan & Ping Gao, 2012. "Farmers' financial choices and informal credit markets in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 216-232, May.
- Mukherjee, Anit & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2005. "Rural non-farm development in China and India," DSGD discussion papers 24, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.