Of finance and development: Neglected and unsettled questions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 20 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kar, Muhsin & NazlIoglu, Saban & AgIr, Hüseyin, 2011. "Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 685-693, January.
- Khan, Arshad & Qayyum, Abdul & Sheikh, Saeed, 2005.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Pakistan,"
2145, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum & Saeed Ahmed Sheikh, 2005. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 819-837.
- Yohane Khamfula, 2005. "African capital markets and real sector investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 511-525.
- James B. Ang, 2007.
"A Survey Of Recent Developments In The Literature Of Finance And Growth,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
03-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- James B. Ang, 2008. "A Survey Of Recent Developments In The Literature Of Finance And Growth," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 536-576, 07.
- Gries, Thomas & Kraft, Manfred & Meierrieks, Daniel, 2009.
"Linkages Between Financial Deepening, Trade Openness, and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1849-1860, December.
- Thomas Gries & Manfred Kraft & Daniel Meierrieks, 2008. "Linkages between Financial Deepening,Trade Openness and Economic Development: Causality Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 15, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2004. "Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Tsai, Kellee S., 2004. "Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1487-1507, September.
- Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid, 1999. "A quantitative reassessment of the finance-growth nexus: evidence from a multivariate VAR," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 381-405, December.
- Liang, Qi & Teng, Jian-Zhou, 2006. "Financial development and economic growth: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 395-411.
- TRABELSI, Mohammed, 2002. "Finance and Growth : Empirical Evidence from Developing Countries, 1960-1990," Cahiers de recherche 2002-13, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tuan, Chyau & Ng, Linda F. Y., 1998. "Regionalization of the financial market and the manufacturing evolution in Hong Kong: Contributions and significance," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 119-137.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Financial liberalization, financial development and productivity growth: An overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- A. R. Kemal, 2000. "Financing Economic Development," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 293-311.
- Selim Yildirim & Bilge Kagan Özdemir & Burhan Dogan, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus in Emerging European Economies: New Evidence from Asymmetric Causality," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 710-722.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996.
"Stock Market Development and Long-Run Growth,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 323-39, May.
- Kamat, Manoj & Kamat, Manasvi, 2007. "Does Financial Growth lead Economic Performance in India? Causality-Cointegration using Unrestricted Vector Error Correction Models," MPRA Paper 6154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C., 2011. "Further evidence on finance-growth causality: A panel data analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 176-188, June.
- Tang, Shui-Yan, 1995. "Informal credit markets and economic development in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 845-855, May.
- Alexandr Akimov & Brian Dollery, 2009. "Financial System Development in Indonesia and South Korea in 1980s and early 1990s: Policies and Outcomes," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200906, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.