Progress Toward the Millennium Development Goals in Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Appleton & Tom Emwanu & Johnson Kagugube & James Muwonge, 1999.
"Changes in poverty in Uganda, 1992-1997,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1999-22, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Foster, James E. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 1988. "Inequality and poverty orderings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 654-661, March.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch & Milasoa Cherel-Robson, 2000.
"Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Zambia during the 1990s,"
- McCulloch, Neil & Baulch, Bob & Cherel-Robson, Milasoa, 2001. "Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Zambia during the 1990s," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C., 2000. "Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2123-2155, December.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2000.
"Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1435-1464, November.
- Davidson, Russell & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 1998. "Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality," Cahiers de recherche 9805, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Davidson, R. & Duclos, J.-Y., 1998. "Statistical Inference for Stochastic Dominance and for the Measurement of Poverty and Inequality," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 98a14, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Preble, Elizabeth A., 1990. "Impact of HIV/AIDS on African children," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 671-680, January.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"How Did the World's Poorest Fare in the 1990s?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(3), pages 283-300, September.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 1995. "Human resources: Empirical modeling of household and family decisions," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 1883-2023 Elsevier.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-77, January.
- Julie SUBERVIE & Catherine KORACHAIS & Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2006.
"How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival,"
- Patrick Guillaumont & Catherine Korachais & Julie Subervie, 2011. "How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival," Working Papers halshs-00557171, HAL.
- Guillaumont, Patrick & Korachais, Catherine & Subervie, Julie, 2008. "How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival," Working Paper Series RP2008/51, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tisdell, Clement A., 2006. "An Assessment of the UN's Millennium Development Goals and its Millennium Declaration," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123453, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Christopher Grigoriou & Patrick Guillaumont, 2011. "Child Mortality Reacts to Relative Prices," Working Papers halshs-00556800, HAL.
- Saleth, Rathinasamy Maria & Dinar, A. & Neubert, S. & Kamaiah, B. & Manoharan, S. & Abayawardana, Sarath & Ariyaratne, Ranjith & de Silva, S., 2007. "Institutions, impact synergies and food security: a methodology with results from the Kala Oya Basin, Sri Lanka," IWMI Research Reports H040802, International Water Management Institute.
- Satterthwaite, David, 2010. "Urban Myths and the Mis-use of Data that Underpin them," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, . "International Convergence and Inequality of Human Development: 1975-2001," Working Papers 2006_3, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Paulo Silva Lopes, 2005. "The Disconcerting Pyramids of Poverty and Inequality of Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/47, International Monetary Fund.
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011.
"Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment,"
CEMA Working Papers
485, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2007. "Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 8(2), pages 251-304, November.
- Andrew Sumner, 2010. "Economic Well-being and Non-economic Well-being: A Review of the Meaning and Measurement of Poverty," Working Papers id:3268, eSocialSciences.
- Clemens, Michael A. & Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J., 2007.
"The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 735-751, May.
- Michael A. Clemens & Charles J. Kenny & Todd J. Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Working Papers 40, Center for Global Development.
- Michael Clemens & Charles Kenny & Todd Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Development and Comp Systems 0405011, EconWPA.
- Nelson, Paul J., 2007. "Human Rights, the Millennium Development Goals, and the Future of Development Cooperation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2041-2055, December.
- Sumner, Andrew, 2004. "Economic Well-being and Non-economic Well-being: A Review of the Meaning and Measurement of Poverty," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Charbel José Chiappetta Jabbour & Angelo Saturnino Neto & Wesley Ricardo Souza Freitas & Adriano Alves Teixeira & Erik Januario da Silva, 2012. "Organizations and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals: Evidence from some of the largest companies in Brazil," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 26-41, February.
- Stifel, David & Christiaensen, Luc, 2006.
"Tracking poverty over time in the absence of comparable consumption data,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3810, The World Bank.
- David Stifel & Luc Christiaensen, 2007. "Tracking Poverty Over Time in the Absence of Comparable Consumption Data," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 317-341, June.
- Lourdes Diaz Olvera & Didier Plat & Pascal Pochet, 2011. "Se déplacer pour se soigner. Pratiques et obstacles à Conakry et Douala," Post-Print halshs-00733353, HAL.
- Vinay Bhargava, 2006. "Global Issues for Global Citizens : An Introduction to Key Development Challenges," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7194, March.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2003. "Millennium Development Goals, Agricultural Growth and Openness," Economics Series Working Papers 161, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.