Water: From basic need to commodity: A discussion on gender and water rights in the context of irrigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kloezen, W. H. & Samad, M., 1995. "Synthesis of issues discussed at the International Conference on Irrigation Management Transfer, Wuhan, China, 20-24 September 1994," IWMI Books, Reports H016922, International Water Management Institute.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Zwarteveen, M. & Neupane, N., . "Gender aspects of irrigation management: The Chhattis Mauja Irrigation System in Nepal," Papers published in Journals (Open Access) h017812, International Water Management Institute.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
- Diane Elson, 1993. "Gender‐aware analysis and development economics," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(2), pages 237-247, 03.
- R Parthasarathy, 2011. "Objects and Accomplishments of Participatory Irrigation Management Programme in India: An Open Pair of Scissors," Working Papers id:4420, eSocialSciences.
- Marcia Nation, 2010. "Understanding women’s participation in irrigated agriculture: a case study from Senegal," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 163-176, June.
- Ruth Meinzen-Dick & Margreet Zwarteveen, 1998. "Gendered participation in water management: Issues and illustrations from water users‘ associations in South Asia," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 337-345, December.
- Richard Haynes, 1998. "The December, 1998 issue of Agriculture and Human Values," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 289-291, December.
- Bauhardt, Christine, 2014. "Solutions to the crisis? The Green New Deal, Degrowth, and the Solidarity Economy: Alternatives to the capitalist growth economy from an ecofeminist economics perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 60-68.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.