Scheduling and platforming trains at busy complex stations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice.
Volume (Year): 37 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zwaneveld, Peter J. & Kroon, Leo G. & Romeijn, Edwin & Salomon, Marc & Hoesel, Stan P.M. van, 1996. "Routing trains through railway stations: model formulation and algorithms," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-3642, Maastricht University.
- Carey, Malachy, 1994. "Extending a train pathing model from one-way to two-way track," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 395-400, October.
- Odijk, Michiel A., 1996. "A constraint generation algorithm for the construction of periodic railway timetables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 455-464, December.
- Kroon, Leo G. & Edwin Romeijn, H. & Zwaneveld, Peter J., 1997. "Routing trains through railway stations: complexity issues," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 485-498, May.
- Carey, Malachy, 1994. "A model and strategy for train pathing with choice of lines, platforms, and routes," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 333-353, October.
- Chakroborty, Partha & Vikram, Durgesh, 2008. "Optimum assignment of trains to platforms under partial schedule compliance," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 169-184, February.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:4:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carey, Malachy & Crawford, Ivan, 2007. "Scheduling trains on a network of busy complex stations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 159-178, February.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2007. "A probabilistic analysis of a scheduling problem in the economics of tourism," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(4), pages 1-7.
- Lee, Yusin & Chen, Chuen-Yih, 2009. "A heuristic for the train pathing and timetabling problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(8-9), pages 837-851, September.
- Gabrio Caimi & Dan Burkolter & Thomas Herrmann & Fabian Chudak & Marco Laumanns, 2009. "Design of a Railway Scheduling Model for Dense Services," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Huisman, D. & Kroon, L.G. & Lentink, R.M. & Vromans, M.J.C.M., 2005.
"Operations Research in Passenger Railway Transportation,"
ERS-2005-023-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Dennis Huisman & Leo G. Kroon & Ramon M. Lentink & Michiel J. C. M. Vromans & Dennis Huisman & Leo G. Kroon & Ramon M. Lentink & Michiel J. C. M. Vromans, 2005. "Operations Research in passenger railway transportation," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 59(4), pages 467-497.
- Huisman, D. & Kroon, L.G. & Lentink, R.M. & Vromans, M.J.C.M., 2005. "Operations research in passenger railway transportation," Econometric Institute Report EI 2005-16, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Burdett, R.L. & Kozan, E., 2009. "Techniques for inserting additional trains into existing timetables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(8-9), pages 821-836, September.
- Yuan, Jianxin & Hansen, Ingo A., 2007. "Optimizing capacity utilization of stations by estimating knock-on train delays," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 202-217, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.