Stationarity and moment structure for Box-Cox transformed threshold GARCH(1,1) processes
AbstractThis article introduces threshold GARCH(1,1) processes to which Box-Cox transformations are applied. This class of processes includes nonlinear ARCH and GARCH models as special cases. The model accommodates asymmetries in conditional variances through a "threshold". The stationary solution is explicitly obtained and moment structures are investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang, S. Y. & Woo, Mi-Ja, 2001. "Threshold ARCH(1) processes: asymptotic inference," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 11-20, May.
- Rabemananjara, R & Zakoian, J M, 1993. "Threshold Arch Models and Asymmetries in Volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 31-49, Jan.-Marc.
- Higgins, Matthew L & Bera, Anil K, 1992. "A Class of Nonlinear ARCH Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 137-58, February.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Li, C W & Li, W K, 1996. "On a Double-Threshold Autoregressive Heteroscedastic Time Series Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 253-74, May-June.
- Haas, Markus, 2009. "Persistence in volatility, conditional kurtosis, and the Taylor property in absolute value GARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(15), pages 1674-1683, August.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid M. & Hmeid, Aboubakry M., 2011. "Offline and online weighted least squares estimation of nonstationary power ARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1535-1540, October.
- Choi, M.S. & Park, J.A. & Hwang, S.Y., 2012. "Asymmetric GARCH processes featuring both threshold effect and bilinear structure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 419-426.
- Liu, Ji-Chun, 2006. "On the tail behaviors of Box-Cox transformed threshold GARCH(1,1) process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(13), pages 1323-1330, July.
- Liu, Ji-Chun, 2007. "Stationarity for a Markov-switching Box-Cox transformed threshold GARCH process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(13), pages 1428-1438, July.
- Park, J.A. & Baek, J.S. & Hwang, S.Y., 2009. "Persistent-threshold-GARCH processes: Model and application," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(7), pages 907-914, April.
- Lee, Taewook, 2013. "On Jarque–Bera normality and cusum parameter change tests for BCTT-GARCH models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 50-54.
- Hwang, S.Y. & Baek, J.S. & Park, J.A. & Choi, M.S., 2010. "Explosive volatilities for threshold-GARCH processes generated by asymmetric innovations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 26-33, January.
- Wang, Hui & Pan, Jiazhu, 2014. "Normal mixture quasi maximum likelihood estimation for non-stationary TGARCH(1,1) models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 117-123.
- Haas, Markus, 2008. "The autocorrelation structure of the Markov-switching asymmetric power GARCH process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(12), pages 1480-1489, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.