Estimation and tests for power-transformed and threshold GARCH models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 142 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liang Peng, 2003. "Least absolute deviations estimation for ARCH and GARCH models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 967-975, December.
- Shiqing Ling, 2005. "Self-weighted least absolute deviation estimation for infinite variance autoregressive models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(3), pages 381-393.
- Weiss, Andrew A., 1986. "Asymptotic Theory for ARCH Models: Estimation and Testing," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 107-131, April.
- Basrak, Bojan & Davis, Richard A. & Mikosch, Thomas, 2002. "Regular variation of GARCH processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 95-115, May.
- Hwang, S. Y. & Kim, Tae Yoon, 2004. "Power transformation and threshold modeling for ARCH innovations with applications to tests for ARCH structure," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 295-314, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Scheinkman, Jose A & LeBaron, Blake, 1989. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 311-37, July.
- Choi, M.S. & Park, J.A. & Hwang, S.Y., 2012. "Asymmetric GARCH processes featuring both threshold effect and bilinear structure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 419-426.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoian, 2013.
"Inference in Non Stationary Asymmetric Garch Models,"
2013-11, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2013. "Inference in non stationary asymmetric garch models," MPRA Paper 44901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2013.
"Optimal predictions of powers of conditionally heteroscedastic processes,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 75(2), pages 345-367, 03.
- Christan Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoian, 2012. "Optimal Predictions of Powers of Conditionally Heteroskedastic Processes," Working Papers 2012-17, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2010. "Optimal predictions of powers of conditionally heteroskedastic processes," MPRA Paper 22155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Taewook, 2013. "On Jarque–Bera normality and cusum parameter change tests for BCTT-GARCH models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 50-54.
- Gonçalves, E. & Leite, J. & Mendes-Lopes, N., 2012. "On the probabilistic structure of power threshold generalized arch stochastic processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(8), pages 1597-1609.
- Wang, Hui & Pan, Jiazhu, 2014. "Normal mixture quasi maximum likelihood estimation for non-stationary TGARCH(1,1) models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 117-123.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid M. & Hmeid, Aboubakry M., 2011. "Offline and online weighted least squares estimation of nonstationary power ARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1535-1540, October.
- Park, J.A. & Baek, J.S. & Hwang, S.Y., 2009. "Persistent-threshold-GARCH processes: Model and application," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(7), pages 907-914, April.
- Hwang, S.Y. & Baek, J.S. & Park, J.A. & Choi, M.S., 2010. "Explosive volatilities for threshold-GARCH processes generated by asymmetric innovations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 26-33, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.