Wavelet estimation in varying-coefficient partially linear regression models
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the estimation of a varying-coefficient partially linear regression model that is frequently used in statistical modeling. We first construct estimators of the parametric components and the error variance by a wavelet procedure and establish their asymptotic normalities under weaker conditions than those assumed in the previous literature. Then we propose appropriate estimators for the functions characterizing the nonlinear part of the model and derive their convergence rates. Furthermore, we present consistent estimators for the asymptotic (co)variances of the parametric components and error variance estimators as well. These results can be used to make asymptotically valid statistical inference.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Hamilton, Scott A. & Truong, Young K., 1997. "Local Linear Estimation in Partly Linear Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Lai, T. L. & Robbins, Herbert & Wei, C. Z., 1979. "Strong consistency of least squares estimates in multiple regression II," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-361, September.
- Li, Qi, et al, 2002. "Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 412-22, July.
- Zhou, Xing-cai & Lin, Jin-guan, 2013. "Asymptotic properties of wavelet estimators in semiparametric regression models under dependent errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 251-270.
- Zhang, Weiwei & Li, Gaorong & Xue, Liugen, 2011. "Profile inference on partially linear varying-coefficient errors-in-variables models under restricted condition," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 3027-3040, November.
- Shen, Si-Lian & Cui, Jian-Ling & Mei, Chang-Lin & Wang, Chun-Wei, 2014. "Estimation and inference of semi-varying coefficient models with heteroscedastic errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 70-93.
- You, Jinhong & Chen, Gemai, 2006. "Estimation of a semiparametric varying-coefficient partially linear errors-in-variables model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 324-341, February.
- Li, Yongming & Yang, Shanchao & Zhou, Yong, 2008. "Consistency and uniformly asymptotic normality of wavelet estimator in regression model with associated samples," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(17), pages 2947-2956, December.
- Zhou, Xing-cai & Lin, Jin-guan, 2012. "A wavelet estimator in a nonparametric regression model with repeated measurements under martingale difference error’s structure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(11), pages 1914-1922.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.