Local Linear Estimation in Partly Linear Models
AbstractLet (X,Â B,Â Y) denote a random vector such thatBandYare real-valued, andX[set membership, variant]2. Local linear estimates are used in the partial regression method for estimating the regression functionE(Y|X,Â B)=[alpha]B+m(X), where[alpha]is an unknown parameter, andm(Â·) is a smooth function. Under appropriate conditions, asymptotic distributions of estimates of[alpha]andm(Â·) are established. Moreover, it is shown that these estimates achieve the best possible rates of convergence in the indicated semi-parametric problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 60 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhou, Xing-cai & Lin, Jin-guan, 2013. "Asymptotic properties of wavelet estimators in semiparametric regression models under dependent errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 251-270.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Zhao, Haibing & You, Jinhong, 2011. "Difference based estimation for partially linear regression models with measurement errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1321-1338, November.
- Liang, Hua, 2006. "Estimation in partially linear models and numerical comparisons," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 675-687, February.
- Chang, Xiao-Wen & Qu, Leming, 2004. "Wavelet estimation of partially linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 31-48, August.
- Qi-Hua Wang & Bing-Yi Jing, 2003. "Empirical likelihood for partial linear models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 585-595, September.
- You, Jinhong & Chen, Gemai, 2006. "Wild bootstrap estimation in partially linear models with heteroscedasticity," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(4), pages 340-348, February.
- Xingcai Zhou & Xinsheng Liu & Shuhe Hu, 2010. "Moment consistency of estimators in partially linear models under NA samples," Metrika, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 415-432, November.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Jing, Bing-Yi, 2001. "Censored Partial Linear Models and Empirical Likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 37-61, July.
- You, Jinhong & Sun, Xiaoqian & Pang, Wan-kai & Leung, Ping-kei, 2002. "Jackknifing type weighted least squares estimators in partially linear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 17-31, November.
- Zhou, Xian & You, Jinhong, 2004. "Wavelet estimation in varying-coefficient partially linear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 91-104, June.
- Liang, Han-Ying & Fan, Guo-Liang, 2009. "Berry-Esseen type bounds of estimators in a semiparametric model with linear process errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-15, January.
- You, Jinhong & Chen, Gemai, 2006. "Estimation of a semiparametric varying-coefficient partially linear errors-in-variables model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 324-341, February.
- Gemai Chen & Jinhong You, 2005. "An asymptotic theory for semiparametric generalized least squares estimation in partially linear regression models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 173-193, April.
- Qi-Hua Wang, 2009. "Statistical estimation in partial linear models with covariate data missing at random," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 47-84, March.
- Lu, Minggen, 2010. "Spline-based sieve maximum likelihood estimation in the partly linear model under monotonicity constraints," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2528-2542, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.