Stochastic comparisons of spacings from restricted families of distributions
AbstractLet X1:n[less-than-or-equals, slant]X2:n[less-than-or-equals, slant]...[less-than-or-equals, slant]Xn:n denote the order statistics of a random sample X1,...,Xn from a distribution F with support (0,[infinity]). Let the generalized spacings [resp. spacings, normalized spacings and dual normalized spacings] of the X-sample be defined by Uj,i:n=Xj:n-Xi:n, 0[less-than-or-equals, slant]i
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 53 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asok Nanda & Moshe Shaked, 2001. "The Hazard Rate and the Reversed Hazard Rate Orders, with Applications to Order Statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 853-864, December.
- Kochar, Subhash C., 1999. "On stochastic orderings between distributions and their sample spacings," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 345-352, May.
- Lillo, Rosa E. & Nanda, Asok K. & Shaked, Moshe, 2001. "Preservation of some likelihood ratio stochastic orders by order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 111-119, January.
- Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Kochar, Subhash, 1999. "Stochastic orderings between distributions and their sample spacings - II," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 161-166, August.
- Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner, 2006.
"The Theory of Assortative Matching Based on Costly Signals,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heidrun C. Hoppe & Benny Moldovanu & Aner Sela, 2009. "The Theory of Assortative Matching Based on Costly Signals," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(1), pages 253-281.
- Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner, 2005. "The Theory of Assortative Matching Based on Costly Signals," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 85, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.