Kernel-based functional principal components
AbstractIn this paper, we propose kernel-based smooth estimates of the functional principal components when data are continuous trajectories of stochastic processes. Strong consistency and the asymptotic distribution are derived under mild conditions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Ramsay, 1982. "When the data are functions," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 379-396, December.
- Yurinskii, V. V., 1976. "Exponential inequalities for sums of random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 473-499, December.
- Fraiman, Ricardo & Iribarren, Gonzalo Pérez, 1991. "Nonparametric regression estimation in models with weak error's structure," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 180-196, May.
- Philippe Besse & J. Ramsay, 1986. "Principal components analysis of sampled functions," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 285-311, June.
- Dauxois, J. & Pousse, A. & Romain, Y., 1982. "Asymptotic theory for the principal component analysis of a vector random function: Some applications to statistical inference," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 136-154, March.
- Boente, Graciela & Rodriguez, Daniela & Sued, Mariela, 2010. "Inference under functional proportional and common principal component models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 464-475, February.
- van der Linde, Angelika, 2008. "Variational Bayesian functional PCA," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 517-533, December.
- Berrendero, J.R. & Justel, A. & Svarc, M., 2011. "Principal components for multivariate functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2619-2634, September.
- Benhenni, K. & Hedli-Griche, S. & Rachdi, M., 2010. "Estimation of the regression operator from functional fixed-design with correlated errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 476-490, February.
- Martínez-Camblor, Pablo & Corral, Norberto, 2011. "Repeated measures analysis for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 3244-3256, December.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2006. "On the use of the bootstrap for estimating functions with functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 1063-1074, November.
- Park, Juhyun & Gasser, Theo & Rousson, Valentin, 2009. "Structural components in functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3452-3465, July.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2004. "An anova test for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 111-122, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.