Functional linear model
AbstractIn this paper, we study a regression model in which explanatory variables are sampling points of a continuous-time process. We propose an estimator of regression by means of a Functional Principal Component Analysis analogous to the one introduced by Bosq [(1991) NATO, ASI Series, pp. 509-529] in the case of Hilbertian AR processes. Both convergence in probability and almost sure convergence of this estimator are stated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/127327 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qi, Xin & Zhao, Hongyu, 2011. "Some theoretical properties of Silverman's method for Smoothed functional principal component analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(4), pages 741-767, April.
- Cristian Preda & Gilbert Saporta & Caroline Lévéder, 2007. "PLS classification of functional data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 223-235, July.
- Febrero-Bande, Manuel & Galeano, Pedro & González-Manteiga, Wenceslao, 2010. "Measures of influence for the functional linear model with scalar response," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 327-339, February.
- Guillas, Serge, 2001. "Rates of convergence of autocorrelation estimates for autoregressive Hilbertian processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-291, December.
- Cardot, Hervé & Johannes, Jan, 2010. "Thresholding projection estimators in functional linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 395-408, February.
- Zhou, Jianjun & Chen, Min, 2012. "Spline estimators for semi-functional linear model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 505-513.
- Hlubinka, Daniel & Prchal, Lubos, 2007. "Changes in atmospheric radiation from the statistical point of view," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4926-4941, June.
- Ferraty, Frederic, 2010. "On the Validity of the Bootstrap in Non-Parametric Functional Regression. Scand. J. Stat," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain info:hdl:2078.1/33842, Université catholique de Louvain.
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2004. "An anova test for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 111-122, August.
- Lee, Eun Ryung & Park, Byeong U., 2012. "Sparse estimation in functional linear regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 1-17.
- Amato, U. & Antoniadis, A. & De Feis, I., 2006. "Dimension reduction in functional regression with applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2422-2446, May.
- Shin, Hyejin & Hsing, Tailen, 2012. "Linear prediction in functional data analysis," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(11), pages 3680-3700.
- Cardot, Hervé & Sarda, Pacal, 2005. "Estimation in generalized linear models for functional data via penalized likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 24-41, January.
- Cardot, Herve & Crambes, Christophe & Kneip, Alois & Sarda, Pascal, 2007. "Smoothing splines estimators in functional linear regression with errors-in-variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4832-4848, June.
- Herve Cardot & Robert Faivre & Michel Goulard, 2003. "Functional approaches for predicting land use with the temporal evolution of coarse resolution remote sensing data," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1185-1199.
- Yao, Fang, 2007. "Asymptotic distributions of nonparametric regression estimators for longitudinal or functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 40-56, January.
- Nerini, David & Ghattas, Badih, 2007. "Classifying densities using functional regression trees: Applications in oceanology," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4984-4993, June.
- Nerini, David & Monestiez, Pascal & Manté, Claude, 2010. "Cokriging for spatial functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 409-418, February.
- Goia, Aldo & May, Caterina & Fusai, Gianluca, 2010. "Functional clustering and linear regression for peak load forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 700-711, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.