Exponential inequalities for sums of random vectors
AbstractThis paper presents some generalizations of S. N. Bernstein's exponential bounds on probabilities of large deviations to the vector case. Inequalities for probabilities of large deviations of sums of independent random vectors are derived under a Cramér's type restriction on the rate of growth of absolute moments of the summands. Estimates are obtained for random vectors with values in Banach space, Sharper bounds hold in the case of finite-dimensional Euclidean or separable Hilbert spaces.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 6 (1976)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otsu, Taisuke, 2011.
"Moderate deviations of generalized method of moments and empirical likelihood estimators,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 102(8), pages 1203-1216, September.
- Taisuke Otsu, 2011. "Moderate Deviations of Generalized Method of Moments and Empirical Likelihood Estimators," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2006. "On the use of the bootstrap for estimating functions with functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 1063-1074, November.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2000. "Kernel-based functional principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 335-345, July.
- Dahmani, Abdelnasser & Ait Saidi, Ahmed & Bouhmila, Fatah & Aissani, Mouloud, 2009. "Consistency of the Tikhonov's regularization in an ill-posed problem with random data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(6), pages 722-727, March.
- Jan Mielniczuk & Małgorzata Wojtyś, 2010. "Estimation of Fisher information using model selection," Metrika, Springer, vol. 72(2), pages 163-187, September.
- Cattiaux, Patrick & Gozlan, Nathael, 2007. "Deviations bounds and conditional principles for thin sets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 221-250, February.
- Chen, Xia, 1997. "Moderate deviations for m-dependent random variables with Banach space values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 123-134, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.