Sparse spatial autoregressions
AbstractGiven local spatial error dependence, one can construct sparse spatial weight matrices. As an illustration of the power of such sparse structures, we computed a simultaneous autoregression using 20 640 observations in under 19 min despite needing to compute a 20 640 by 20 640 determinant 10 times.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 33 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gilley, Otis W & Pace, R Kelley, 1995. "Improving Hedonic Estimation with an Inequality Restricted Estimator," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 609-21, November.
- Ingrid Nappi‐Choulet & Tristan‐Pierre Maury, 2011.
"A Spatial And Temporal Autoregressive Local Estimation For The Paris Housing Market,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 732-750, October.
- Nappi-Choulet, Ingrid & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2009. "A Spatial and Temporal Autoregressive Local Estimation for the Paris Housing Market," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09004, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819 Elsevier.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "HAC estimation in a spatial framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 131-154, September.
- David M. Brasington & Donald R. Haurin, 2008.
"Parents, peers, or school inputs: Which components of school outcomes are capitalized into house value?,"
University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series
2008-09, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Brasington, David M. & Haurin, Donald R., 2009. "Parents, peers, or school inputs: Which components of school outcomes are capitalized into house value?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 523-529, September.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "Expert opinion versus actual transaction evidence in the valuation of non-market amenities," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 32-40.
- Jin, Fei & Lee, Lung-fei, 2012. "Approximated likelihood and root estimators for spatial interaction in spatial autoregressive models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 446-458.
- David M. Brasington, .
"School Choice and the Flight to Private Schools: To What Extent Are Public and Private Schools Substitutes?,"
Departmental Working Papers
2006-04, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- David Brasington, . "School Choice and the Flight to Private Schools: To What Extent Are Public and Private Schools Substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Luisa Alamá-Sabater & Laura Márquez-Ramos & Celestino Suárez-Burguet & J. Miguel Navarro-Azorín, 2012. "Interregional Trade and Transport Connectivity. An Analysis of Spatial Dependence," Working Papers 2012/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Lee, Lung-fei, 2007. "The method of elimination and substitution in the GMM estimation of mixed regressive, spatial autoregressive models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 155-189, September.
- Weslem Faria & Alexandre Almeida, 2011. "Agricultural Expansion, Openness to Trade and Deforestation at the Brazilian Amazon: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1013, European Regional Science Association.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, . "Capitalization of Parent, School, and Peer Group Components of School Quality into House Price," Departmental Working Papers 2005-04, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Kapoor, Mudit & Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "Panel data models with spatially correlated error components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 97-130, September.
- LE GALLO, Julie, 2000. "Econométrie spatiale 1 -Autocorrélation spatiale," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 2000-05, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro & António Caleiro, 2003. "Explaining the Election Results in Portugal: A Spatial Econometrics Point of View," ERSA conference papers ersa03p523, European Regional Science Association.
- Alexandre Xavier Ywata Carvalho & Pedro Henrique Melo Albuquerque & Gilberto Rezende de Almeida Junior & Rafael Dantas Guimarães, 2009. "Clusterização Hierárquica Espacial," Discussion Papers 1427, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Steven Bourassa & Eva Cantoni & Martin Hoesli, 2007. "Spatial Dependence, Housing Submarkets, and House Price Prediction," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 143-160, August.
- Smirnov, Oleg & Anselin, Luc, 2001. "Fast maximum likelihood estimation of very large spatial autoregressive models: a characteristic polynomial approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 301-319, January.
- Alexandre Xavier Ywata Carvalho & Pedro Henrique Melo Albuquerque & Gilberto Rezende de Almeida Junior & Rafael Dantas Guimarães & Camilo Rey Laureto, 2009. "Clusterização Hierárquica Espacial com Atributos Binários," Discussion Papers 1428, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.