Knowledge, learning and small firm growth: A systematic review of the evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 36 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johan Wiklund & Dean Shepherd, 2003. "Aspiring for, and Achieving Growth: The Moderating Role of Resources and Opportunities," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 1919-1941, December.
- Elfring, Tom & Hulsink, Willem, 2003. " Networks in Entrepreneurship: The Case of High-Technology Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 409-22, December.
- Robson, Paul J A & Bennett, Robert J, 2000. " SME Growth: The Relationship with Business Advice and External Collaboration," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 193-208.
- Littunen, Hannu & Tohmo, Timo, 2003. " The High Growth in New Metal-Based Manufacturing and Business Service Firms in Finland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 187-200, September.
- Fombrun, Charles J. & Wally, Stefan, 1989. "Structuring small firms for rapid growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 107-122, March.
- Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott, 2003. "Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Sexton, Donald L. & Upton, Nancy B. & Wacholtz, Larry E. & McDougall, Patricia P., 1997. "Learning needs of growth-oriented entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Pettigrew, Andrew M., 1997. "What is a processual analysis?," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 337-348, December.
- Carson, David & Gilmore, Audrey, 2000. "SME marketing management competencies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 363-382, June.
- Shepherd, Jonathan, 1991. "Entrepreneurial growth through constellations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 363-373, September.
- Cooke, Philip & Wills, David, 1999. " Small Firms, Social Capital and the Enhancement of Business Performance through Innovation Programmes," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 219-34, November.
- Crick, Dave & Chaudhry, Shiv & Batstone, Stephen, 2001. " An Investigation into the Overseas Expansion of Small Asian-Owned U.K. Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 75-94, March.
- Zhao, Liming & Aram, John D., 1995. "Networking and growth of young technology-intensive ventures in China," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 349-370, September.
- Marjolein Caniëls & Henny Romijn, 2003. "SME Clusters, Acquisition of Technological Capabilities and Development: Concepts, Practice and Policy Lessons," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 187-210, September.
- Greening, Daniel W. & Barringer, Bruce R. & Macy, Granger, 1996. "A qualitative study of managerial challenges facing small business geographic expansion," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 233-256, July.
- Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T., 2003. "Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 255-276, February.
- Young, Greg & Sapienza, Harry & Baumer, David, 2003. "The influence of flexibility in buyer-seller relationships on the productivity of knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 443-451, June.
- Ramachandran, K. & Ramnarayan, S., 1993. "Entrepreneurial orientation and networking: Some Indian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 513-524, November.
- Lerner, Miri & Brush, Candida & Hisrich, Robert, 1997. "Israeli women entrepreneurs: An examination of factors affecting performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 315-339, July.
- Almeida, Paul & Dokko, Gina & Rosenkopf, Lori, 2003. "Startup size and the mechanisms of external learning: increasing opportunity and decreasing ability?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-315, February.
- Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie, 2004. "A process study of entrepreneurial team formation: the case of a research-based spin-off," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-79, January.
- Brush, Candida G. & Ceru, Dennis J. & Blackburn, Robert, 2009. "Pathways to entrepreneurial growth: The influence of management, marketing, and money," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 481-491, September.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci & Marco Pontis, 2011. "Intangible capital and firms productivity (refereed paper)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p496, European Regional Science Association.
- Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Yang, Haibin & Lin, Zhiang (John), 2011. "Exploration versus exploitation in alliance portfolio: Performance implications of organizational, strategic, and environmental fit," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 287-296, March.
- André van Stel & Lorraine Uhlaner & Haibo Zhou & Valerie Duplat, 2012. "Disentangling the effects of organizational capabilities, innovation and firm size on SME sales growth," Scales Research Reports H201211, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.