Knowledge, learning and small firm growth: A systematic review of the evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 36 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carson, David & Gilmore, Audrey, 2000. "SME marketing management competencies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 363-382, June.
- Peter Lindelöf & Hans Löfsten, 2004. "Proximity as a Resource Base for Competitive Advantage: University--Industry Links for Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(3_4), pages 311-326, 08.
- Zhao, Liming & Aram, John D., 1995. "Networking and growth of young technology-intensive ventures in China," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 349-370, September.
- Ramachandran, K. & Ramnarayan, S., 1993. "Entrepreneurial orientation and networking: Some Indian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 513-524, November.
- Johan Wiklund & Dean Shepherd, 2003. "Aspiring for, and Achieving Growth: The Moderating Role of Resources and Opportunities," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 1919-1941, December.
- Shepherd, Jonathan, 1991. "Entrepreneurial growth through constellations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 363-373, September.
- Cooke, Philip & Wills, David, 1999. " Small Firms, Social Capital and the Enhancement of Business Performance through Innovation Programmes," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 219-34, November.
- Almeida, Paul & Dokko, Gina & Rosenkopf, Lori, 2003. "Startup size and the mechanisms of external learning: increasing opportunity and decreasing ability?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-315, February.
- Pettigrew, Andrew M., 1997. "What is a processual analysis?," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 337-348, December.
- Nicholls-Nixon, Charlene L. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y., 2000. "Strategic experimentation: Understanding change and performance in new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 493-521.
- Littunen, Hannu & Tohmo, Timo, 2003. " The High Growth in New Metal-Based Manufacturing and Business Service Firms in Finland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 187-200, September.
- Marjolein Caniëls & Henny Romijn, 2003. "SME Clusters, Acquisition of Technological Capabilities and Development: Concepts, Practice and Policy Lessons," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 187-210, September.
- Lerner, Miri & Brush, Candida & Hisrich, Robert, 1997. "Israeli women entrepreneurs: An examination of factors affecting performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 315-339, July.
- Young, Greg & Sapienza, Harry & Baumer, David, 2003. "The influence of flexibility in buyer-seller relationships on the productivity of knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 443-451, June.
- Elfring, Tom & Hulsink, Willem, 2003. " Networks in Entrepreneurship: The Case of High-Technology Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 409-22, December.
- Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott, 2003. "Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Udo Staber, 2001. "Spatial Proximity and Firm Survival in a Declining Industrial District: The Case of Knitwear Firms in Baden-Wu�rttemberg," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 329-341.
- Greening, Daniel W. & Barringer, Bruce R. & Macy, Granger, 1996. "A qualitative study of managerial challenges facing small business geographic expansion," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 233-256, July.
- Crick, Dave & Chaudhry, Shiv & Batstone, Stephen, 2001. " An Investigation into the Overseas Expansion of Small Asian-Owned U.K. Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 75-94, March.
- Meine Pieter Van Dijk & �rni Sverrisson, 2003. "Enterprise clusters in developing countries: mechanisms of transition and stagnation," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 183-206, July.
- Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie, 2004. "A process study of entrepreneurial team formation: the case of a research-based spin-off," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-79, January.
- Barney, Jay B. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Fiet, James O. & Moesel, Douglas D., 1996. "New venture teams' assessment of learning assistance from venture capital firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 257-272, July.
- Richard Blundel, 2002. "Network evolution and the growth of artisanal firms: a tale of two regional cheese makers," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Robson, Paul J A & Bennett, Robert J, 2000. " SME Growth: The Relationship with Business Advice and External Collaboration," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 193-208.
- Sexton, Donald L. & Upton, Nancy B. & Wacholtz, Larry E. & McDougall, Patricia P., 1997. "Learning needs of growth-oriented entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Bernard Musyck, 2003. "Institutional endowment, localized capabilities and the emergence of SMEs: from mining to recycling, the case of Freiberg (Saxony)," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 273-298, October.
- Fombrun, Charles J. & Wally, Stefan, 1989. "Structuring small firms for rapid growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 107-122, March.
- Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T., 2003. "Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 255-276, February.
- Barringer, Bruce R. & Greening, Daniel W., 1998. "Small business growth through geographic expansion: A comparative case study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 467-492, November.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar, 2013. "Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1251-1273.
- Huber, Franz, 2013. "Knowledge-sourcing of R&D workers in different job positions: Contextualising external personal knowledge networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 167-179.
- Lorraine Uhlaner & André Stel & Valérie Duplat & Haibo Zhou, 2013. "Disentangling the effects of organizational capabilities, innovation and firm size on SME sales growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 581-607, October.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci & Marco Pontis, 2011. "Intangible capital and firms productivity (refereed paper)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p496, European Regional Science Association.
- Masiliunas, Aidas & Mengel, Friederike & Reiss, J. Philipp, 2014. "Behavioral variation in Tullock contests," Working Paper Series in Economics 55, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- André van Stel & Lorraine Uhlaner & Haibo Zhou & Valerie Duplat, 2012. "Disentangling the effects of organizational capabilities, innovation and firm size on SME sales growth," Scales Research Reports H201211, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Bamiatzi, Vassiliki & Cavusgil, Salih Tamer & Jabbour, Liza & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2014. "Does business group affiliation help firms achieve superior performance during industrial downturns? An empirical examination," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 195-211.
- Brush, Candida G. & Ceru, Dennis J. & Blackburn, Robert, 2009. "Pathways to entrepreneurial growth: The influence of management, marketing, and money," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 481-491, September.
- Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Yang, Haibin & Lin, Zhiang (John), 2011. "Exploration versus exploitation in alliance portfolio: Performance implications of organizational, strategic, and environmental fit," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 287-296, March.
- Matteo Migheli, 2013. "Relational capital, profitability and access to credit: evidence from a sample of Italian small firms," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 221-233, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.