An information decision support system towards the formulation of a modern energy companies' environment
AbstractThe development of the renewable energy sources (RES) and the energy efficiency (EE) is related to the enhancement of the energy companies' (energy producers by RES and energy services companies--ESCOs) operational environment. The aim of this paper is to present an information decision support system, which consists of an expert subsystem, as well as a multi criteria decision making (MCDM) subsystem. The system supports the state toward the formulation of a modern environment, since it incorporates the "new parameters" of the energy market, namely the liberalization and the climate change. The system was successfully applied in the 13 accession member states of the EU.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siskos, J. & Hubert, Ph., 1983. "Multi-criteria analysis of the impacts of energy alternatives: A survey and a new comparative approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 278-299, July.
- Greening, Lorna A. & Bernow, Steve, 2004. "Design of coordinated energy and environmental policies: use of multi-criteria decision-making," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 721-735, April.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- D'Sa, Antonette, 2005. "Integrated resource planning (IRP) and power sector reform in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1271-1285, July.
- Koroneos, C. & Michailidis, M. & Moussiopoulos, N., 2004. "Multi-objective optimization in energy systems: the case study of Lesvos Island, Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 91-100, February.
- Meyer, Niels I., 2003. "European schemes for promoting renewables in liberalised markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 665-676, June.
- Goumas, M. G. & Lygerou, V. A. & Papayannakis, L. E., 1999. "Computational methods for planning and evaluating geothermal energy projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 147-154, March.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Stagl, Sigrid, 2005. "Sustainability-guided promotion of renewable electricity generation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 147-167, April.
- del Rio Gonzalez, Pablo & Hernandez, Felix & Gual, Miguel, 2005. "The implications of the Kyoto project mechanisms for the deployment of renewable electricity in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 2010-2022, October.
- Diakoulaki, D. & Karangelis, F., 2007. "Multi-criteria decision analysis and cost-benefit analysis of alternative scenarios for the power generation sector in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 716-727, May.
- Jaber, Jamal O. & Mamlook, Rustom & Awad, Wa'el, 2005. "Evaluation of energy conservation programs in residential sector using fuzzy logic methodology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1329-1338, July.
- Cavallaro, Fausto & Ciraolo, Luigi, 2005. "A multicriteria approach to evaluate wind energy plants on an Italian island," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 235-244, January.
- Rustemli, Sabir & Dincer, Furkan & Unal, Emin & Karaaslan, Muharrem & Sabah, Cumali, 2013. "The analysis on sun tracking and cooling systems for photovoltaic panels," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 598-603.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.