Investigating the links between growth and real stock price changes with empirical evidence from the G-7 economies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 42 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Olivier Blanchard & Changyong Rhee & Lawrence Summers, 1990.
"The Stock Market, Profit and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
3370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Bong-Soo, 1992. " Causal Relations among Stock Returns, Interest Rates, Real Activity, and Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1591-603, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1990. " Stock Returns, Expected Returns, and Real Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1089-1108, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1995.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G. William Schwert, 1990.
"Stock Returns and Real Activity: A Century of Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
3296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 1990. " Stock Returns and Real Activity: A Century of Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1237-57, September.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K., 1998. "International evidence on the stock market and aggregate economic activity," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 281-296, September.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1968. "Pitfalls in Financial Model-Building," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 244, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kaul, Gautam, 1987. "Stock returns and inflation : The role of the monetary sector," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 253-276, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-65, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"The Stock Market and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
2925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1981. "Output, the Stock Market, and Interest Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 132-43, March.
- Cochrane, John H., 1998.
"What do the VARs mean? Measuring the output effects of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 277-300, April.
- John H. Cochrane, 1995. "What do the VARs Mean?: Measuring the Output Effects of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 5154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McQueen, Grant & Roley, V Vance, 1993. "Stock Prices, News, and Business Conditions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 683-707.
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-87, December.
- Barry Bosworth, 1975. "The Stock Market and the Economy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(2), pages 527-300.
- Stephen D. Smith, 1999. "What do asset prices tell us about the future?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 4-13.
- Komain Jiranyakul, 2013.
"The Predictive Role of Stock Market Return for Real Activity in Thailand,"
Asian Journal of Empirical Research,
Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(3), pages 317-328, March.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2012. "The Predictive Role of Stock Market Return for Real Activity in Thailand," MPRA Paper 45670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ekaterini Panopoulou, 2006. "The predictive content of financial variables: Evidence from the euro area," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp178, IIIS.
- Takashi Kamihigashi, 2008.
"The spirit of capitalism, stock market bubbles and output fluctuations,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(1), pages 3-28.
- Takashi Kamihigashi, 2007. "The Spirit of Capitalism, Stock Market Bubbles, and Output Fluctuations," Discussion Paper Series 205, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Oct 2007.
- Jean-michel Sahut & Medhi Mili & Frédéric Teulon, 2012.
"What is the linkage between real growth in the Euro area and global financial market conditions?,"
AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2464-2480.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Medhi Mili & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "What is the linkage between real growth in the Euro area and global financial market conditions ?," Working Papers 2014-324, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- L. Vanessa Smith & Takashi Yamagata, 2008. "Firm Level Volatility-Return Analysis using Dynamic Panels," Discussion Papers 08/09, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ozlem Goktas & Aycan Hepsag, 2011. "Do stock returns lead real economic activity? Evidence from seasonal cointegration analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2117-2127.
- Feridun, Mete, 2006. "Long-Run Relationship between Economic Growth and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation on Canada and the United States," MPRA Paper 737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lyócsa, Štefan & Výrost, Tomáš & Baumöhl, Eduard, 2012. "Breakdowns and revivals: the long-run relationship between the stock market and real economic activity in the G-7 countries," MPRA Paper 43306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles K.D. Adjasi, 2009. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and conditional stock-price volatility in frontier African markets: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 333-349, August.
- Forster, Katrin, 2005. "Stock Prices and Real Economic Activity Empirical Results for Germany," Research Notes 20, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Tsouma, Ekaterini, 2009. "Stock returns and economic activity in mature and emerging markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 668-685, May.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Athanasios Papadopoulos & Angelos Kanas, 2008. "Asymmetric Volatility Spillovers between Stock Market and Real Activity: Evidence from UK and US," Working Papers 0807, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Dungey, Mardi & Fry, Renee & Martin, Vance L., 2004. "Identification of common and idiosyncratic shocks in real equity prices: Australia, 1982-2002," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 81-102.
- Angelos Kanas & Christos Ioannidis, 2010. "Causality from real stock returns to real activity: evidence of regime-dependence," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 180-197.
- Eun Ahn & Jin Man Lee, 2006. "Volatility relationship between stock performance and real output," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 777-784.
- M Salehizadeh, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and the US Economy: An Empirical Analysis," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 10(2), pages 29-50, September.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Angelos Kanas & Athanasios P. Papadopoulos, 2010. "Asymmetric Volatility Spillovers between Stock Market and Real Activity: Evidence from the UK and the US," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(4), pages 429-445, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.