Compulsory savings in the welfare state
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 77 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Veall, Michael R., 1986. "Public pensions as optimal social contracts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 237-251, November.
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
- Diamond, P. A., 1977. "A framework for social security analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 275-298, December.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1981.
"The Adequacy of Savings,"
NBER Working Papers
0627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1993.
"Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 77-91, January.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1991. "Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous," Discussion Papers, Series 1 252, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1989. "On the Contribution of Economics to the Evaluation and Formation of Social Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 184-90, May.
- Atkinson, A.B., 1987. "Income maintenance and social insurance," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 13, pages 779-908 Elsevier.
- Amihai Glazer & Hiroki Kondo, 2012. "Governmental Transfers and Altruistic Private Transfers," Working Papers 111209, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Breyer, Friedrich, 2001.
"Why Funding is not a Solution to the "Social Security Crisis","
IZA Discussion Papers
328, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Friedrich Breyer, 2001. "Why Funding Is not a Solution to the "Social Security Crisis"," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 254, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kai A. Konrad & Gert Wagner, 2000. "Reform of the Public Pension System in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 200, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- PESTIEAU , Pierre & POSSEN , Uri, 2008.
"Prodigality and myopia. Two rationales for social security,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2008011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Pestieau & Uri Possen, 2008. "Prodigality And Myopia-Two Rationales For Social Security," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(6), pages 629-652, December.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & POSSEN, Uri, 2006. "Prodigality and myopia. Two rationales for social security," CORE Discussion Papers 2006073, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2000. "Why a Funded Pension System is Needed and Why It is Not Needed," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 389-410, August.
- Amihai Glazer & Hiroki Kondo, 2010. "Governmental Transfers Can Reduce a Moral Hazard Problem," Working Papers 101102, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Michael Voigtländer & Barbara Henman, 2003. "Eine konstitutionelle Reform der Altersvorsorge," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 02/2003, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Salvador Valdés-Prieto & Ursula Schwarzhaupt, 2011.
"Optimal Compulsion when Behavioral Biases Vary and the State Errs,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3316, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ursula Schwarzhaupt & Salvador ValdÃ©s-Prieto, 2010. "Optimal Compulsion when Behavioral Biases vary and the State Errs," Documentos de Trabajo 389, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Dirk Kiesewetter & Rainer Niemann, 2002. "Neutral and Equitable Taxation of Pensions as Capital Income," CESifo Working Paper Series 706, CESifo Group Munich.
- T. Findley & Frank Caliendo, 2008. "The behavioral justification for public pensions: a survey," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-425, October.
- Stefan Homburg, 2006.
"Coping with Rational Prodigals: A Theory of Social Security and Savings Subsidies,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(289), pages 47-58, 02.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2004. "Coping With Rational Prodigals: A Theory Of Social Security And Savings Subsidies," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-293, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Elena Stancanelli, 2010. "Whose time? Who saves? Introduction to a special issue on couples’ savings, time use and children," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 289-296, September.
- Paul van den Noord & Chistopher Heady, 2001. "Surveillance of Tax Policies: A Synthesis of Findings in Economic Surveys," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 303, OECD Publishing.
- Jakob von Weizsäcker, 2003. "The Hayek Pension: An efficient minimum pension to complement the welfare state," CESifo Working Paper Series 1064, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.