Relative standing comparisons, risk taking, and safety regulations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Mechtel & Tim Friehe, 2014.
"Gambling to Leapfrog in Status?,"
IAAEU Discussion Papers
201404, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Komlos, John & Salamon, Peter, 2008.
"The poverty of growth with interdependent utility functions,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2242-2247, December.
- Salamon, Peter & Komlos, John, 2005. "The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions," Discussion Papers in Economics 619, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- John Komlos & Peter Salamon, 2005. "The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1470, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ireland, Norman J., 1998. "Status-seeking, income taxation and efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-113, October.
- Alessandro Balestrino, 2012. "Taxes, Status Goods, and Piracy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3704, CESifo Group Munich.
- T. Guse & B. Hehenkamp, 2006. "The strategic advantage of interdependent preferences in rent-seeking contests," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 323-352, December.
- Reiter, Michael, 2000. "Relative preferences and public goods," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 565-585, March.
- Colin Jennings & Hein Roelfsema, 2008.
"Civil Conflict, Federalism and Strategic Delegation of Leadership,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 45(4), pages 557-573, July.
- Jennings, Colin & Roelfsema, Hein, 2008. "Civil conflict, federalism and strategic delegation of leadership," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-16, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Colin Jennings & Hein Roelfsema, 2008. "Civil Conflict, Federalism and Strategic Delegation of Leadership," Working Papers 0803, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Harriger, Jessica & Khanna, Neha & Pape, Andreas, 2010. "Conspicuous Consumption and Inequality," MPRA Paper 24910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:str:wpaper:0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ireland, N. J., 2001. "Optimal income tax in the presence of status effects," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 193-212, August.
- Koenig, Tobias & Lausen, Tobias, 2013. "Relative Consumption, Optimal Taxation and Public Provision of Private Goods," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-510, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Florian Baumann & Tim Friehe, 2013.
"Status Concerns as a Motive for Crime?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4225, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brown, Gordon D. A. & Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J. & Qian, Jing, 2005. "Does Wage Rank Affect Employees' Wellbeing?," IZA Discussion Papers 1505, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.