Congested public goods: The case of fire protection
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1981)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa & Tomohisa Miyashita, 2013. "Does the method adopted for distribution of services by amalgamating municipalities affect expenditure after amalgamation? Evidence from Japan," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201315, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Brunet, Alexia & McNamara, Kevin T. & Deboer, Larry, 2001. "Alternative Service Delivery Strategies For Local Governments," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20705, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "The selection principle and market failure in systems competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 247-274, November.
- Killian McCarthy & Frederik van Doorn & Brigitte Unger, 2008. "Globalisation, Tax Competition and the Harmonisation of Corporate Tax Rates in Europe: A Case of Killing the Patient to Cure the Disease?," Working Papers 08-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Reiter, Michael & Weichenrieder, Alfons J., 1999. "Public Goods, Club Goods, and the Measurement of Crowding," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 69-79, July.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2013. "Cost Inefficiency of Municipalities after Amalgamation," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201314, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- David, Guy & Harrington, Scott E., 2010. "Population density and racial differences in the performance of emergency medical services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 603-615, July.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2010.
"Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries,"
Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism"
SP II 2010-14, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Witte, Kristof De & Geys, Benny, 2011. "Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 319-327, May.
- Douglas C. Bice & William H. Hoyt, 1997. "The Impact of Mandates and Tax Limits on Voluntary Contributions to Local Public Services: An Application to Fire Protection Services," Public Economics 9704002, EconWPA.
- Albert Solé-Ollé, 2001. "Budget spillovers in a metropolitan area: typology and empirical evidence," Working Papers 2001/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M., 1997. "Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 763-784, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.