A heuristic for solving mixed-model line balancing problems with stochastic task durations and parallel stations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fred N. Silverman & John C. Carter, 1986. "A Cost-Based Methodology for Stochastic Line Balancing with Intermittent Line Stoppages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 455-463, April.
- Nick T. Thomopoulos, 1967. "Line Balancing-Sequencing for Mixed-Model Assembly," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages B59-B75, October.
- G. M. Buxey, 1974. "Assembly Line Balancing with Multiple Stations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 1010-1021, February.
- Gokcen, Hadi & Agpak, Kursad & Benzer, Recep, 2006. "Balancing of parallel assembly lines," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 600-609, October.
- Nils Boysen & Malte Fliedner & Armin Scholl, 2006.
"Assembly line balancing: Which model to use when?,"
Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft
23/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Ding, Fong-Yuen & Zhu, Jin & Sun, Hui, 2006. "Comparing two weighted approaches for sequencing mixed-model assembly lines with multiple objectives," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 108-131, July.
- Battaïa, Olga & Dolgui, Alexandre, 2013. "A taxonomy of line balancing problems and their solutionapproaches," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 259-277.
- Dhouib, K. & Gharbi, A. & Landolsi, N., 2009. "Throughput assessment of mixed-model flexible transfer lines with unreliable machines," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 619-627, December.
- Chiang, Wen-Chyuan & Urban, Timothy L., 2006. "The stochastic U-line balancing problem: A heuristic procedure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(3), pages 1767-1781, December.
- Simon Emde & Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2008. "Balancing mixed-model assembly lines: a computational evaluation of objectives to smoothen workload," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers 17/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Gamberi, M. & Gamberini, R. & Manzini, R. & Regattieri, A., 2008. "An analytical model to evaluating the implementation of a batch-production-oriented line," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 729-740, February.
- Araújo, Felipe F.B. & Costa, Alysson M. & Miralles, Cristóbal, 2012. "Two extensions for the ALWABP: Parallel stations and collaborative approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 483-495.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.