Gauge invariant lattice quantum field theory: Implications for statistical properties of high frequency financial markets
AbstractWe report on initial studies of a quantum field theory defined on a lattice with multi-ladder geometry and the dilation group as a local gauge symmetry. The model is relevant in the cross-disciplinary area of econophysics. A corresponding proposal by Ilinski aimed at gauge modeling in non-equilibrium pricing is implemented in a numerical simulation. We arrive at a probability distribution of relative gains which matches the high frequency historical data of the NASDAQ stock exchange index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 389 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Econophysics; Financial markets; Statistical field theory; Gauge invariance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Cao, Charles & Chen, Zhiwu, 1997. " Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2003-49, December.
- Prasad V. Bidarkota & Brice V. Dupoyet, 2004.
"The Impact of Fat Tails on Equilibrium Rates of Return and Term Premia,"
0411, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Bidarkota, Prasad V. & Dupoyet, Brice V., 2007. "The impact of fat tails on equilibrium rates of return and term premia," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 887-905, March.
- M. Bartolozzi & D. B. Leinweber & A. W. Thomas, 2006. "Scale-free avalanche dynamics in the stock market," Papers physics/0601171, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2006.
- Bartolozzi, M. & Leinweber, D.B. & Thomas, A.W., 2006. "Scale-free avalanche dynamics in the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 132-139.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm65, Yale School of Management.
- J. Doyne Farmer, 1999. "Physicists Attempt to Scale the Ivory Towers of Finance," Working Papers 99-10-073, Santa Fe Institute.
- Kirill Ilinski & Alexander Stepanenko, 1998.
"Electrodynamical model of quasi-efficient financial market,"
- Kirill N. Ilinski & Alexander S. Stepanenko, 1998. "Electrodynamical model of quasi-efficient financial market," Papers cond-mat/9806138, arXiv.org.
- Charles Quanwei Cao & Gurdip S. Bakshi & Zhiwu Chen, 1997. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm54, Yale School of Management.
- Rudolf Fiebig & David Musgrove, 2014. "Testing for Detailed Balance in a Financial Market," Papers 1403.3584, arXiv.org.
- Simone Farinelli, 2014. "Credit Risk in a Geometric Arbitrage Perspective," Papers 1406.6805, arXiv.org.
- Dupoyet, B. & Fiebig, H.R. & Musgrove, D.P., 2012. "Arbitrage-free self-organizing markets with GARCH properties: Generating them in the lab with a lattice model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(18), pages 4350-4363.
- Dupoyet, B. & Fiebig, H.R. & Musgrove, D.P., 2011. "Replicating financial market dynamics with a simple self-organized critical lattice model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(18), pages 3120-3135.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.