Standing on the toes of pygmies:
AbstractModern economic theory does not provide a sound foundation on which to build econophysics. Pivotal concepts like utility maximization, perfect competition, and diminishing marginal productivity are empirically and logically flawed. Physicists should not use any of these in econophysics, and should be wary of many other models accepted by economists.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 324 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Science and society; Economics; Econophysics; Financial markets; Business and management;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. Gaffeo & M. Catalano & F. Clementi & D. Delli Gatti & M. Gallegati & A. Russo, 2006.
"Reflections on Modern Macroeconomics: Can We Travel Along a Safer Road?,"
- Gaffeo, E. & Catalano, M. & Clementi, F. & Delli Gatti, D. & Gallegati, M. & Russo, A., 2007. "Reflections on modern macroeconomics: Can we travel along a safer road?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 89-97.
- Christophe Schinckus, 2011. "What can econophysics contribute to financial economics?," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2013. "Resource Return on Investment under Markup Pricing," MPRA Paper 49154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Katselidis, Ioannis, 2013. "From Edgeworth to Econophysics: A Methodological Perspective," MPRA Paper 46975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- F. Chami Figueira & N. J. Moura Jr & Marcelo B. Ribeiro, 2010.
"The Gompertz-Pareto Income Distribution,"
- Chami Figueira, F. & Moura, N.J. & Ribeiro, M.B., 2011. "The Gompertz–Pareto income distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 689-698.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.