The effectiveness of price limits in an emerging market: Evidence from the Korean Stock Exchange
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ma, C.K. & Rao, R.P. & Sears, R.S., 1989. "Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t7, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Kim, Kenneth A. & Limpaphayom, Piman, 2000. "Characteristics of stocks that frequently hit price limits: Empirical evidence from Taiwan and Thailand," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 315-332, August.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Kim, Kenneth & Rhee, S Ghon, 1997. " Price Limit Performance: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 885-99, June.
- Roll, R., 1989. "Price Volatility, International Market Links, And Their Implications For Regulatory Policies," Papers t10, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Bruce N. Lehmann and David M. Modest., 1994. "Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-234, University of California at Berkeley.
- Lehmann, Bruce N & Modest, David M, 1994. " Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 951-84, July.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1990. "Estimation of Stock Price Variances and Serial Covariances from Discrete Observations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 291-306, September.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1988. "Trades, quotes, inventories, and information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 229-252, December.
- Lehmann, B.N., 1989. "Commentary: Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t9, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Miller, M.H., 1989. "Commentary: Volatility, Prices Resolution, And Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t8, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Kim, Kenneth A., 2001. "Price limits and stock market volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 131-136, April.
- Shenoy, Catherine & Zhang, Ying Jenny, 2007. "Order imbalance and stock returns: Evidence from China," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 637-650, December.
- Wong, Woon K. & Liu, Bo & Zeng, Yong, 2009. "Can price limits help when the price is falling? Evidence from transactions data on the Shanghai Stock Exchange," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 91-102, March.
- Farag, Hisham, 2013. "Price limit bands, asymmetric volatility and stock market anomalies: Evidence from emerging markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 85-97.
- André Farber & Van Nam Nguyen & Quan Hoang Vuong, 2006. "Policy impacts on Vietnam stock markets: a case of anomalies and disequilibria 2000-2006," Working Papers CEB 06-005.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Wang, Dingyan & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Chan, Wing Hong, 2014. "Price Limits and Stock Market Volatility in China," MPRA Paper 54146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wong, Woon K. & Chang, Matthew C. & Tu, Anthony H., 2009. "Are magnet effects caused by uninformed traders? Evidence from Taiwan Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 28-40, January.
- Gong-meng Chen & Oliver Rui & Steven Wang, 2005. "The Effectiveness of Price Limits and Stock Characteristics: Evidence from the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 159-182, September.
- Cho, Jaemin & Lee, Jaeho, 2013. "The venture capital certification role in R&D: Evidence from IPO underpricing in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 83-108.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "The current state of Asia-Pacific stock exchanges: A critical review of market design," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-32, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.