On the coincidence of the prenucleolus and the Shapley value
AbstractWe extend the literature on the coincidence of the prenucleolus and the Shapley value, by identifying a class of coalitional form games called PS games. We analyse the role of PS games in the context of queueing problems, and show that in the class of generalized queueing games only those queueing games with 'linear externalities' are PS games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 57 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
Shapley value Prenucleolus PS games Generalized queueing games;
Other versions of this item:
- Anirban Kar & Manipushpak Mitra & Suresh Mutuswami, 2005. "On the coincidence of the Prenucleolus and the Shapley Value," Economics Discussion Papers 599, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin,Hervi, 1991. "Axioms of Cooperative Decision Making," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521424585.
- Maniquet, F., 2000.
"A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems,"
222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- MANIQUET, François, . "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Winter, Eyal, 2002. "The shapley value," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 2025-2054 Elsevier.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Borm, P. & van Golstein, W. & Bruinderink, R.G. & Tijs, S., 1994.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication,"
9407, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- A. van den Nouweland & P. Borm & W. van Golstein Brouwers & R. Groot Bruinderink & S. Tijs, 1996. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 294-303, February.
- Nouweland, C.G.A.M. van den & Borm, P.E.M. & Golstein Brouwers, W. van & Groot Bruinderink, R. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "A game theoretic approach to problems in telecommunication," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-72854, Tilburg University.
- Chun, Youngsub, 2006. "A pessimistic approach to the queueing problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 171-181, March.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- José M. Jiménez Gómez & María del Carmen Marco Gil & Pedro Gadea Blanco, 2010.
"Some game-theoretic grounds for meeting people half-way,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2010-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gadea-Blanco, Pedro & Giménez-Gómez, José Manuel & Marco-Gil, María del Carmen, 2013. "Some game-theoretic grounds for meeting people half-way," Working Papers 2072/220217, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Conan Mukherjee, 2013. "Weak group strategy-proof and queue-efficient mechanisms for the queueing problem with multiple machines," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Chang, Chih & Tseng, Ying-Chih, 2011. "On the coincidence property," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 304-314, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.