Utility functions on locally connected spaces
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C. Fishburn, 1974. "Exceptional Paper--Lexicographic Orders, Utilities and Decision Rules: A Survey," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(11), pages 1442-1471, July.
- Candeal, Juan C. & Herves, Carlos & Indurain, Esteban, 1998. "Some results on representation and extension of preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 75-81, January.
- Beardon, Alan F., 1994. "Totally ordered subsets of Euclidean space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 391-393, July.
- Mehta, Ghanshyam, 1988. "Some general theorems on the existence of order-preserving functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 135-143, April.
- Herden, G., 1991. "Topological spaces for which every continuous total preorder can be represented by a continuous utility function," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 123-136, October.
- Candeal, J. C. & Indurain, E., 1993. "Utility functions on chains," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 161-168.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter & Donaldson, David, 2001. "Population ethics and the existence of value functions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 301-308, November.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1987. "Some results on the existence of utility functions on path connected spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-156, April.
- Michele Gori & Giulio Pianigiani, 2009.
"On the Arrow-Hahn utility representation method,"
Working Papers - Mathematical Economics
2009-03, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Dino Borie, 2012. "Social Decision Theory and Non-strategic Behaviour," GREDEG Working Papers 2012-10, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Économie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Campion, Maria J. & Candeal, Juan C. & Indurain, Esteban, 2006. "The existence of utility functions for weakly continuous preferences on a Banach space," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 227-237, March.
- Gutiérrez, José Manuel, 2009. "A characterization of compactness through preferences," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 131-133, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.