Exceptional Paper--Lexicographic Orders, Utilities and Decision Rules: A Survey
AbstractProceeding from a unifying framework, this paper reviews recent developments in lexicographic orders, preferences, utilities, probabilities and decision rules. Several new results are included.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 20 (1974)
Issue (Month): 11 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Candeal, 2013. "Invariance axioms for preferences: applications to social choice theory," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 453-471, September.
- Lehmann, Daniel, 2001. "Expected Qualitative Utility Maximization," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 54-79, April.
- Richard, Pierre J. & Coltman, Tim & Keating, Byron W., 2009. "Designing IS service strategy: an information acceleration approach," MPRA Paper 40488, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mandler, Michael & Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco, 2008.
"A Million Answers to Twenty Questions: Choosing by Checklist,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3377, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mandler, Michael & Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco, 2012. "A million answers to twenty questions: Choosing by checklist," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 71-92.
- Candeal, Juan C. & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2004. "Utility functions on locally connected spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 701-711, September.
- I. Konnov, 2013. "Vector network equilibrium problems with elastic demands," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 521-531, October.
- Drakopoulos, S. A. & Theodossiou, I., 1997. "Job satisfaction and target earnings," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 693-704, November.
- Zhu, Wei & Timmermans, Harry, 2010. "Modeling simplifying information processing strategies in conjoint experiments," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 764-780, July.
- Zhang, Jiao & Hsee, Christopher K. & Xiao, Zhixing, 2006. "The majority rule in individual decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 102-111, January.
- Spash, Clive L., 2000. "Ecosystems, contingent valuation and ethics: the case of wetland re-creation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 195-215, August.
- Mandeep K. Dhami & David R. Mandel, 2013. "How do defendants choose their trial court? Evidence for a heuristic processing account," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 8(5), pages 552-560, September.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2013.
"Material needs and aggregate demand,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 16-26.
- Angilella, Silvia & Giarlotta, Alfio, 2009. "Implementations of PACMAN," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 474-495, April.
- Dubois, D. & Fortemps, Ph., 2005. "Selecting preferred solutions in the minimax approach to dynamic programming problems under flexible constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(3), pages 582-598, February.
- Dubois, Didier & Fortemps, Philippe, 1999. "Computing improved optimal solutions to max-min flexible constraint satisfaction problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 95-126, October.
- Dubois, Didier & Fortemps, Philippe & Pirlot, Marc & Prade, Henri, 2001. "Leximin optimality and fuzzy set-theoretic operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 20-28, April.
- Scott, Anthony, 2002. "Identifying and analysing dominant preferences in discrete choice experiments: An application in health care," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 383-398, June.
- Giarlotta, Alfio, 2001. "Multicriteria compensability analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 190-209, August.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "Lexicographic decomposition of chains and the concept of a planar chain," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 95-104, April.
- Glöckner, Andreas & Betsch, Tilmann, 2008. "Do people make decisions under risk based on ignorance? An empirical test of the priority heuristic against cumulative prospect theory," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 75-95, September.
- Bernholz, Peter, 2004. "Supreme values as the basis for terror," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 317-333, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.