Racial gaps in the transition to first-time homeownership: The role of residential location
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blau, Francine D & Graham, John W, 1990.
"Black-White Differences in Wealth and Asset Composition,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 321-39, May.
- Francine D. Blau & John W. Graham, 1990. "Black-White Differences in Wealth and Asset Composition," NBER Working Papers 2898, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tootell, Geoffrey M B, 1996.
"Redlining in Boston: Do Mortgage Lenders Discriminate against Neighborhoods?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1049-79, November.
- Geoffrey M. Tootell, 1996. "Redlining in Boston: do mortgage lenders discriminate against neighborhoods?," Working Papers 96-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2005. "Homeownership in the 1980s and 1990s: aggregate trends and racial gaps," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 101-127, January.
- Gabriel, Stuart & Painter, Gary, 2003. "Pathways to Homeownership: An Analysis of the Residential Location and Homeownership Choices of Black Households in Los Angeles," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 87-109, July.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Yongheng Deng & Stephen L. Ross & Susan M. Wachter, 2002.
"Racial Differences in Homeownership: The Effect of Residential Location,"
2002-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Deng, Yongheng & Ross, Stephen L. & Wachter, Susan M., 2003. "Racial differences in homeownership: the effect of residential location," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 517-556, September.
- Sunwoong Kim, 2000. "Race and home price appreciation in urban neighborhoods: Evidence from Milwaukee, Wisconsin," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 9-28, December.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Jacob L. Vigdor, 1997.
"The Rise and Decline of the American Ghetto,"
NBER Working Papers
5881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lance Freeman, 2005. "Black Homeownership: The Role of Temporal Changes and Residential Segregation at the End of the 20th Century," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 86(2), pages 403-426.
- Boehm, Thomas P., 1993. "Income, Wealth Accumulation, and First-Time Homeownership: An Intertemporal Analysis," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 16-30, December.
- Boehm, Thomas P. & Schlottmann, Alan M., 2004. "The dynamics of race, income, and homeownership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Sweeney, James L, 1974. "Quality, Commodity Hierarchies, and Housing Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 147-67, January.
- Kain, John F & Quigley, John Michael, 1972. "Housing Market Discrimination, Homeownership, and Savings Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 263-77, June.
- Zorlu, Aslan & Mulder, Clara H. & van Gaalen, Ruben, 2014. "Ethnic Disparities in the Transition to Home Ownership," IZA Discussion Papers 8039, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian A. L. Hilber & Yingchun Liu, 2007.
"Explaining the black-white homeownership gap: the role of own wealth, parental externalities and locational preferences,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
4380, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hilber, Christian A.L. & Liu, Yingchun, 2008. "Explaining the black-white homeownership gap: The role of own wealth, parental externalities and locational preferences," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 152-174, June.
- Hilber, Christian A. L. & Liu, Yingchun, 2007. "Explaining the Black-White Homeownership Gap: The Role of Own Wealth, Parental Externalities and Locational Preferences," MPRA Paper 5136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2005. "The Continuing Practice and Impact of Discrimination," Working papers 2005-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2006.
- Chenoa Flippen, 2010. "The spatial dynamics of stratification: Metropolitan context, population redistribution, and black and Hispanic homeownership," Demography, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 845-868, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.