Are performances of banks and firms linked? And if so, why?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 25 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2000.
"Bank competition and firm creation,"
680, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi Di Patti & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2003. "Bank competition and firm creation," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 481, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2001. "Bank Competition and Firm Creation," IMF Working Papers 01/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Which Capitalism? Lessons from the East Asian Crisis,"
CRSP working papers
486, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "Which Capitalism? Lessons Form The East Asian Crisis," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(3), pages 40-48.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- RAFAEL LaPORTA & FLORENCIO LOPEZ-de-SILANES & ANDREI SHLEIFER & ROBERT W. VISHNY, .
"Legal Determinants of External Finance,","
CRSP working papers
324, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997. "Legal Determinants of External Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1788, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997. "Legal Determinants of External Finance," NBER Working Papers 5879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M, 2000. "Do Banking Shocks Affect Borrowing Firm Performance? An Analysis of the Japanese Experience," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Gary Gorton & Frank A. Schmid, 1996.
"Universal Banking and the Performance of German Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
5453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary & Schmid, Frank A., 2000. "Universal banking and the performance of German firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 29-80.
- Canals, Jordi, 1997. "Universal Banking: International Comparisons and Theoretical Perspectives," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198775058.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-81, July.
- Black, Fischer, 1975. "Bank funds management in an efficient market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 323-339, December.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2001. "Does bank concentration lead to concentration in industrial sectors?," Working Paper Series WP-01-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Steven Ongena & David C. Smith & Dag Michalsen, 2000. "Firms and their distressed banks: lessons from the Norwegian banking crisis (1988-1991)," International Finance Discussion Papers 686, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2000. "Banking systems around the globe : do regulation and ownership affect the performance and stability?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2325, The World Bank.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser, 1984. "The Behavior of Money, Credit, and Prices in a Real Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 0853, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G & Plosser, Charles I, 1984. "Money, Credit, and Prices in a Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 363-80, June.
- Koskela, Erkki & Stenbacka, Rune, 2000. "Is there a tradeoff between bank competition and financial fragility?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1853-1873, December.
- Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1994. "Universal Banking in the United States: What Could We Gain? What Could We Lose?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195080698.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999. "Bank-based and market-based financial systems - cross-country comparisons," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2143, The World Bank.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giovanni Dell & Ariccia#x2019, 2000. "Bank Competition and Firm Creation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-20, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gibson, Michael S, 1995. "Can Bank Health Affect Investment? Evidence from Japan," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 281-308, July.
- Gibson, Michael S., 1997. "More Evidence on the Link between Bank Health and Investment in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 296-310, September.
- Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Staikouras, Christos, 2009. "Structural reforms and banking efficiency in the new EU States," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 17-21.
- Andreas Stephan & Andriy Tsapin & Oleksandr Talavera, 2009.
"Why Do Firms Switch Their Main Bank?: Theory and Evidence from Ukraine,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
894, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stephan, Andreas & Tsapin, Andriy & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2009. "Why Do Firms Switch Their Main Bank? - theory and evidence from Ukraine," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 180, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.